Monday 8 August 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund market trends - H1 2022

Yippee! Detlef is back from holiday! 'Yippee! And so are you, boss!' Yeah, yeah.

Never mind.

What's this all about?

Assets under management in the European fund industry decreased from €15.3 tr (as of December 31, 2021) to €13.3 tr at the end of Q2 2022.
The European fund industry faced estimated overall net outflows (-€185.0 bn) over the six months of 2022.
Mixed-assets products (+€34.6 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European fund industry for 2022 so far.
ESG-related products which are not classified by SFDR (+€36.8 bn) enjoyed the highest inflows within this category.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for the first half of 2022 was Equity Global (+€41.2 bn), followed by Equity Global Income (+€14.3 bn) and Bond USD Government (+€13.8 bn).
BlackRock (+€15.9 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for the year 2022 so far, ahead of Vanguard (+€11.0 bn) and Swisscanto (+€7.3 bn).
Switzerland was the fund domicile with the highest inflows (+€28.9 bn) for 2022 so far.
The number of primary funds registered for sales in Europe increased by 187 products over the course of the year so far.

Fine. Makes no sense to me, of course. But the good news is ... I don't need no financial "sense" in my life, you dig?

'Detlef does!'

Christ.

Anyway ...

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "Given the current situation in the economies around the globe it was no surprise that the European fund industry faced declining assets under management over the course of the year 2022 so far, as the geopolitical situation in Europe, the still ongoing The Thing, disrupted delivery chains, increasing inflation, and interest rate hikes put some pressure on the securities markets."

Er ... what's The Thing?!

Never mind.

Thanks, anyway, Detlef.

ENDS

...

Anything else?

Ha! Lots of else!

Newquay was great! The town wasn't as pretty as St Ives, BUT(!) ... the beaches and cliffs and general scenery were amazing. I reckon I walked about sixty miles ...

Which brings me to fitness. My muscles are bigger now. 'How, boss?! You didn't take your dumbbells with you.' Well, Voice ... as you know, I did the dumbbells to failure a couple of days before I left. 'Yeah.' Then my arms and shoulders had a whole week to heal while I was eating loads of protein because I was eating too much again. 'Oh no!' Ha! It wasn't a problem, man, because of all the walking ... up hills, down hills, across beaches ... everywhere! So I didn't put any weight on. And all that walking toned my body quite a bit, too. I'm as fit as a fiddle!!! 'Nice one!' Yeah. It is.

Anyway ... I'm stopping all the personal chat and music updates because this is a fresh start today. 'I believe you.' Thanks.

Just wanna tell you about my latest musical dream, that's all. 'Okay.' Well, I dreamt I was at some stadium gig, right at the back, and I couldn't see a thing. There was an amazing rock ballad being played, and everyone was jumping up and down, really getting into it, you know? Some of them were climbing on to the roof.  'Yeah. Sounds wild.' And I was asking people: "Do you know what this song is?" and "Do you know who this band is?" And, well ... 'I bet that made you popular.' People were just ignoring me, Voice. 'Oh dear.' Anyway ... I woke up, and I realized that it was a new and original song, uh ... my song. 'Yippee!' I couldn't remember any of the words. 'Oh.' But I did remember thirty seconds of the melody, which is a lot. I normally only get six or seven seconds, or something like that. 'Yippee! / So are you going to write the rest of it???'

Maybe, maybe not. The fact is, I don't need any more songs at the moment. I've just got to finish the lyrics for And Rain Came Down and Life and Death, and the lyric for that short supporting song (2.20). I'll have seventeen songs then.

No, the dream is important because I was having loads of doubts the night before about the rock star thing, you dig?

IT WAS ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM THE COSMOS.

'Yippee!'

Laters, kooks.