Tuesday 30 August 2022

Having fun as usual

Nothing to write about, man.

'What?! What about those PR emails, boss?!'

What PR emails, Voice?

'Those PR emails in your PR email folder. About thirty of them.'

All deleted, I'm afraid.

'But why, for God's sake?!'

I didn't like the look of them. I mean ... there was one about meat. 'You're a vegetarian.' Exactly.

And there was one about ice cream. 'You love ice cream!' Exactly.

'Why didn't you cover that one, then?' Er ... because this isn't an ice cream blog, idiot! It's a finance blog. 'Oh.'

Besides, it was an ice lolly they were talking about. And I don't like ice lollies unless they have ice cream inside - like those I get from Morrisons occasionally. 'And this one didn't have ice cream inside?' No. It didn't.

'By the way ...'

What?

'Why is Jim Morrison giving you ice lollies now - with ice cream inside?'

Ha! I'm talking about the supermarket, you idiot! 'Oh, okay.'

'I just thought -'

You just thought I was hanging out on the astral plane with my mentor Jim Morrison and eating ice creams when ... we should be rehearsing or something.

'Yeah.'

Well, Jim's a busy man. It's all business when we're together.

Anyway ...

WHAT ARE WE WRITING ABOUT TODAY???

Actually, I've just received a new PR email. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Music?

That Life and Death lyric is giving me trouble, man. I reckon I'll have to forget about my rational brain and write mysterious "mood" words that fit in with the mood of the music ...

'And if anyone asks you what the song is about?'

Ha, ha, ha! I'll just say - "It's about life, son - and death."

'Yeah. That should satisfy them.'

It better!

Anyway ...

Songs can be compared to chess pieces.

And having a BIG TEN is like having ten queens, you dig?

Forget about the pawns, man!

'I hate those guys!'

Ah, they're all right, I suppose. I mean ... they're needed???

You just don't want too many of them. 'Some songwriters ... that's all they've got, Mikey.'

Yeah.

'What about the king?'

The king is useless. There is no "king" song. I mean ... it would suggest a really great song that can't do anything.

'Oh.'

Christ! Forget about chess and songs, kooks! It was a stupid idea comparing them.

Have we finished yet?

'Write something else.'

Yeah, yeah.

Actually ...

'What?'

I really like Lennon's Revolution 9 from The White Album. A lot of people hated it when it was made - including the other Beatles and George Martin. Maybe that could be a "king" song.

Is it great though? I mean, I like it.

'Ian MacDonald said it was an important piece in Revolution in the Head.'

Well then ... a "king" song is an important song that hardly anyone likes.

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

Laters!



Oh ... one more thing ... as you know, dear reader(s) ... I've scrapped all my "pawn" songs. Like, uh ... She Loves Me and It's Just a Joke, Man.

My "supporting" songs are more like bishops and knights. 

'Er ...'

What?! What is it, Voice?!

'Well, what about the rooks?'

Christ!

Maybe songs like ... Babylon, or ... I don't know ... Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me.) Or my best supporting song, Good Times.

'Right.'

Sick of this!

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS