Tuesday 16 August 2022

Sometimes less is more

And sometimes less is less.

It's hard to tell, isn't it? I guess we just have to trust our instincts.

Last night, I scrapped the second half of the first verse of And Rain Came Down. It was a bit bland. And then I just repeated bits of the first half to make up the verse to its right length.

The result? It sounds great! Especially since I left the second verse alone. The song just sounds unusual and interesting now.

So, yes, if you're lucky ... less can be more.

It's the same with dumbbells, I reckon. I've been doing less lately, with bigger gaps where I rest for a few days. BUT if I do certain exercises to failure and then eat a lot of protein ... I see better results!

Of course ... 

When it comes to conceptuals, when it comes to spinning dizzy all a-ROUND out of my head ...

MORE IS ALWAYS MORE!!!

'You can't get enough, Mikey! None of the kooks can!'

Yep. That's the truth.

And I'll be doing one later, Voice. 'No. 1024 ... ???' You bet your ass No. 1024!

Ha, ha, ha!

Uh.

...

Listen!

I'll be honest ...

I can't say I'm looking forward to writing the Life and Death lyric. I know it's going to be painful.

However ...

It's just one fucking lyric to complete my BIG TEN of songs!

I've got to keep my discipline to work to my normal high standards.

And that will mean the listener will not suffer any weakness in any of those songs - to paraphrase Marco Pierre White.

I mean, Marco was such a nutcase when he was working at his Oak Room restaurant that he used to give his customers brand new fifty pence coins in their change. He didn't want them getting their hands dirty with used coins.

And that's how you've got to be. Maybe not for the whole of your life. But while you're conquering the world* ... that's the way, man.

You dig?

Oh, I hope so, kooks.

This is all golden advice.

Laters.


*Or conquering reality in the privacy of your own home. Think about it.