Wednesday 17 August 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - July 2022

Well, here we are, then. The financial post I promised everyone because I'm such a nice guy.

'Yippee!'

You're winding me up, Voice, aren't you?

'No.'

You don't really love finance.

'I do!'

Whatever.

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe experienced in July the first net outflows (-€0.4 bn) since March 2020.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry increased over the course of July to €1,317.0 bn.
Bond ETFs (+€4.6 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for July.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for July was Bond USD Government (+€2.0 bn), followed by Bond EMU Government (+€1.0 bn) and Bond EUR (+€0.9 bn).
SPDR was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for July (+€0.7 bn), ahead of BNP Paribas (+€0.6 bn) and Vanguard (+€0.6 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered estimated net inflows of €5.9 bn for July.
The best-selling ETF for July, Xtrackers II ESG EUR Corporate Bond UCITS ETF 1D, enjoyed estimated net inflows of €0.9 bn.

Now, who can make sense of it all?

'Ha! I know a man!'

Ha, ha, ha! So do I.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to present ... Mr Detlef Glow!

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "Thanks, guys! / Anyway ... July 2022 was the first negative month for the European ETF industry since March 2020 as promoters faced slight estimated outflows. These outflows occurred in a positive and volatile market environment in which investor sentiment was impacted by high inflation rates, increasing interest rates, geopolitical tensions, and disrupted delivery chains caused by the still ongoing The Thing in Europe and other parts of the world."

Okay. Fair enough. Thanks, Detlef.

ENDS

...

Anything else? 

No ooo. I mean ... you must know what I mean.

'Tell them about your fitness, boss.'

They don't want to know about my fitness.

'Tell them about the V-shape.'

Oh, right, yeah. I was looking in the mirror this morning. That V-shape is really starting to stand out now.

'Ha! You should join a boy band!'

Sod off, Voice. I'm a serious musician and songwriter.

'Okay.'

Ha! He's only joking, kooks - I hope.

Uh.

There's nothing else to write about.

Listen! They're looking for a new James Bond. Maybe I should put my name forward ... ???

No. They won't want two blond Bonds in a row.

Never mind.

Another lost opportunity.

I hope Tom Hardy gets the job.

Bye!