Wednesday 17 August 2022

If the town of Newquay was as pretty as St Ives ...

It would be the best holiday resort in the world. And -

'Is this what you're writing about, boss?!'

Obviously, Voice, yes.

'What, a whole post?!'

Probably not, no. What's your problem, idiot?!

'I ain't got a problem, man. I just thought that maybe ... you know ... this might be a finance blog or something.'

Yeah, well ... I'm doing a Refinitiv PR email after lunch, from Detlef and the gang.

'Yippee!'

Oh, he's happy now.

Idiot!

Anyway, as I was saying ...

The cliffs, the beaches, the scenery of Newquay. The size of Newquay. I mean ... you can watch videos on YouTube. (I recommend CJ Explores.) But you really have to go there ... to get a clue, like.

But it's not as "posh" as St Ives, of course. 'Or as pretty.' Yeah, St Ives is still my favourite place on earth.

Anyway ...

I don't know what to write about now.

'I told you!'

You didn't tell me anything. Just shut up.

Anyway ...

We could talk about the cost of living crisis, I suppose. Which is ... sort of finance.

I don't really want to go into it.

All I will say is ... there are dark forces in this world.

Let's leave it at that.

'Say more!'

NO - !!!

Music? My music?

Writing lyrics on my laptop ... is only good for getting "raw material" - if you know what I mean.

I mean ... the lines I write are often unsingable.

BUT(!) ... it's still worth doing. Because if you strum the guitar and try to get lyrics ... you'll probably be focusing on the music.

Well, that's the way it is for me.

The thing is ... I need a lot of this raw material stuff for Life and Death. So maybe Friday. I don't know.

It might be better to finish that short song first. It will only be a "supporting" song. It has a nice melody though. It actually had a lyric at one point, but ... you know how it is, kooks, don't you?

Okay.

Laters.


No, listen! Music is an escape from the harsh realities of this world. I hate thinking or writing about the stuff above that that that ... idiot Voice almost pushed me into writing about. 'What?! Me?!' Shut up!

I've just played a lovely version of Mighty Soul on my guitar. It was five minutes of bliss.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Fuck the world!

Laters.