Wednesday 10 August 2022

Let's talk about ESG

Oh, God. Do we have to?

'What's this, boss?'

Detlef has lost his mind, Voice.

This is nothing to do with me ...

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund market report: Let's talk about ESG - H1 2022.

Christ.

Come on then.

The assets under management in the European fund industry declined over the course of Q1 2022 from €15.3 tr at the end of December 2021 to €13.3 tr.
41.92% of the overall assets under management were held by ESG-related funds.
The majority of ESG-related assets were held by mutual funds and ETFs which are aligned to article 8 (€4.5 tr).
Money market funds (-€129.2 bn) faced outflows while long-term products faced overall outflows of €51.8 bn over H1 2022.
Mixed-assets (+€34.6 bn) were the best-selling asset type for H1 2022 overall.
ESG-related equity products (+€30.5 bn) were the best-selling product category for ESG-related products.
ESG-related mutual funds and ETFs which are not classified by SFDR enjoyed the highest inflows (+€47.5 bn) for H1 2022.
European investors preferred passive ESG-related products over actively managed mutual funds over the course of H1 2022.

Detlef, mate ... you should go back on holiday. You can't really be interested in all this ESG nonsense.

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "Even as ESG-related investment strategies are seen as a natural habitat for active managers, European investors did prefer passive products over the course of the first half of 2022."

Er ... well, he's not interested, is he? 'Boss, that must be the shortest statement we've ever had from Detlef.' Ha!

Yeah, he's just going through the motions.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

I tried to finish the lyric for And Rain Came Down yesterday. Didn't get anything. And I've scrapped the ideas I had for the verses. The chorus lyric is actually my best chorus lyric.

I'll try again on Friday for that song, and Life and Death, and I'm going to try a new way of working.

'Tell us, Mikey!'

Well, I'm going to start a Word file on my laptop. I'm going to play Beethoven's Ninth because I don't want to work in silence. The symphony lasts just over an hour, and during that time I'm going to type as many lines into Word as I can. I'll do it twice, once for each song. So, about two hours of work.

Now, I only need thirty-two short lines for And Rain Came Down. Maybe I'll write a hundred, or two hundred.

Then afterwards, I'll read through what I've got and see what I can use. I'll have to edit a lot.

I have written on my laptop before, but I've never forced out more lines than I need for a song, you dig?

And I'm going to get into a "special" creative state. I reckon. Well, that's the plan, anyway.

Yeah, yeah.

Listen! I don't give two shits about being as good as Dylan. As long as my lyrics are on the Beatles level, I'll be fine.

'More than fine, Mikey. Great!'

And, listen ... my finished lyrics are on the Beatles level - even better in a few cases. [Like Nothing.] But it's the speed, man.

I NEED MORE SPEED.

Laters, kooks.

'Bye!'


Oh, by the way ... The Future is two places above Nothing in my BIG TEN with ... a ridiculously simple lyric. WHY?!

Because the music is the sort of music Beethoven would write if he was a rocker. That's why.

It's all about the tunes, man!

'If he were a roller, too, baby.'

Shut up.