Monday 6 March 2023

It's music day!

Yippee!

'Yippee! Music Day! That's brilliant, boss!'

Yeah.

'Is this something that happens every 6th of March?'

What?!

'I mean -'

No, no. I'm just, er ... writing about music today - in both of my posts - because I don't want to write about finance.

'Oh. / What about fitness day?'

Fitness day? I'll write about that another time, another day, man. I've lost another half stone - without even trying.

'Ha! You'll fade away soon.'

Don't be silly, Voice.

Anyway ...

It's still cold, and it's getting colder, and my fingers are still messed up. Also, I need a haircut, but I can't get one because ... I haven't recorded Shady, Dodgy, Shifty yet - which is the only recording I need now.

'You're not making any sense.'

Listen! I haven't had the flu this winter, but I always seem to get it every  time I go to the barber's in winter, so ... you know. The flu would mess my voice up for a month. 'Me?!' Shut up.

It's frustrating, man. It really is. / And there's the noise in the street. I fear I will have to record in that horrible mouldy room, you dig?

My life.

Anyway ...

Here's the album -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Love Me
Round the Bend
Good Times
Stella
Malibu
Nothing
Life and Death
This Love

If This Love is going to be on the demo, it's got to be on the album, too.

And that is ... will be the greatest album of all times!!! ... as long as I'm not playing any instruments on it with my dodgy fingers. Hopefully, Mark Ronson will put a top band together, the way he did for Amy.

'Er ... will Mark be producing then Mikey???'

Ha, ha, ha! I don't know, Voice. I live in a world of dreams I do. And that's the way I like it.

Christ.

Tick-tock.

I'm so close to running out of time, but what can I do? 

I've recorded plenty of "okay" versions of Shady, Dodgy, Shifty ... but I need a "good" version, at least.

It doesn't have to be "great".

I've been listening to some John Lennon demos on YouTube. They are utterly, utterly ... "rough", you dig?

But it didn't matter with him because he was ... John Lennon. / If you're unknown, you can't get away with stuff like that. Especially not these days when there are a million people on YouTube all playing brilliantly BUT(!) ...

They really can't write songs. Every now and then, one of my favourite acoustic cover artists will announce: "I'm doing an original song of mine today ..."

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Do you know what I mean, kooks?

But their performances! They make John Lennon sound like an awful amateur, and yet ... he's the legend.

'It's not fair!!!'

Ha, ha, ha! It is fair, idiot! Lennon is one of the two greatest songwriters ever. They lived within a mile and a half of each other, and somehow ended up in the same band. Paul McCartney.

Also, George Harrison would have been the main "genius" songwriter in any normal band.

'Amazing!'

So ...

There is a Go -

Excuse me.

There is a cosmos!

Do you understand, kooks???

Laters.

'Bye!'