Wednesday 15 March 2023

Listen!

I'll probably do a PR email for the last post of the week.

I mean ... probably, yeah?

But I'm just thinking about music at the moment. My music. Because I'm excited ... oh, a bit ... but also nervous.

One thing that worries me is ... there won't be a ballad on my demo. And I have a few great ones.

Shady, Dodgy, Shifty is a ballad. I'm hoping I'll be able to record it sometime in the next month. When the weather's warmer. 'And when everyone in the street is as quiet as a mouse, boss.' Er ... yes, Voice. Christ.

Maybe I won't need it.

I keep listening to my demo on my phone ... over and over and over ... a-ROUND, and a-ROUND, and a-ROUND ... as it were.

Mighty Soul
This Love
Round the Bend

People may notice my voice - not you! - sounds different on Round the Bend. That's because it was recorded in 2016, a few years before I started doing that vocal exercise from YouTube. Uh, go, go, go, like. / It's not a problem. My voice has more of a "rock" sound on that recording, which suits the song. My new voice is smoother. 'Ha! I'm so ooo smooth, boss.' Shut up, Voice.

Anyway ...

I suppose it was good fortune getting my latest song, This Love. I didn't want to write it when the inspiration came just before Christmas. However, the song sort of forced itself upon me.

As I've said, it's my most commercial song. And it will be needed.

Mighty Soul is my best song ...

Unless YOU(!) are the "serious" type who prefers songs like Nothing and Life and Death. Come on! Don't be miserable, kook.

Mighty Soul is serious, anyway. It's just more commercial than those other two.

The lyrical highlight on this demo is the first verse of Round the Bend. Bowie may have the two coolest lines in rock history, from his Station to Station song, but I've got the coolest verse, man!

And I'll put all the lyrics on YouTube, beneath the videos in the "more" section.

Oh, there will be radio silence soon.

Believe it!!!

Yes, just finance soon ... and conceptuals, obviously.

I mean, I've said EVERYTHING now. From 2010 to 2023. 'Eh?! But what about your world tour??? Aren't you going to write about that, boss?' Voice ... you can take over the blog when I stop writing it. 'Ha, ha, ha! I'm not staying behind ... blogging. I'm coming with you - as your manager.' Yeah, yeah.

It will be a good gimmick, I suppose. An invisible manager.

Laters!