Wednesday 1 March 2023

Sea, beach, rocks

That's all, probably.

Not much else. 'A seagull!' Where? 'Over there!' Yeah, yeah.

I'll just collapse into the sand if you don't mind.

Maybe a dolphin will find me.

'Maybe a dolphin will take you home to meet the family.'

I can only dream of something like that happening.

'Dream then!'

Oh, I will. I'll dream now. And I'll dream later ... way into the future.

'How far?'

A million years.

'You can do better than that.'

A billion years???

Will there still be dolphins a billion years from now? Will they have arms and legs ... and be running things?

Actually, the cosmos doesn't want them running things. It wants them to stay in the sea where they can't be corrupted.

Listen!

I could stare at the sea - if I had the time and money.

'You don't need money for a short while. You can stare a bit.'

I want to stare for years!!!

'Oh.'

I want to sit on a rock for years. And I want to think.

'You want to think?!'

Well ... I want to feel, then.

'That's better. You feel. That's my advice. Only idiots think.'

It's cold.

'Where?'

Here.

'It's colder in the sea.'

You might be right.

'I am right.'

Is it too cold for surfing?

'You can't swim.'

I'm talking about surfing.

'Oh.'

I could disguise myself as a surfer. No one would know.

'What wouldn't they know?'

Don't worry about it.

'I'm not worried. You should be worried.'

Well, I'm not worried! We were talking about a million years. Or a billion years. What does it matter? You could be in the sea for only five minutes.

'Me?'

I could be in the sea for only five minutes. Yes. And it could last a million years. Or a billion years.

'You're not making any sense!'

Just as well. It's dangerous making sense. Just leave me with my thoughts now, and my feelings ...

I could swim in the stars
I wouldn't need to learn
It would come natural to me
A million years would pass
A billion years would pass
I wouldn't notice
No one would notice
There would be no one, anyway
And we could be ...
Drops of consciousness in a big sea of consciousness
No personalities
No egos
No thoughts, hopefully
But we might feel everything in the universe

'You'll have thoughts. But big thoughts! Clean thoughts! Pure thoughts! Far away from earth!'

I told you to leave me.

'I'll never leave.'

Oh, I'm not alone!

'It's my job to protect you.'

Well, you've done great so far.

'Thanks.'

Yeah, yeah.