Monday 13 March 2023

New consumer duty rules and transfers

Sounds exciting, don't it?

'Boss!'

What, Voice?

'This PR email is nearly a month old!'

Yeah, I've been saving it for a special occasion.

'Really?'

Anyway ...

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) recently wrote a series of Dear CEO letters to the Consumer Investment sector, outlining their expectations of firms regarding the new Consumer Duty rules.

Fair enough.

The Consumer Duty rules are an entirely new set of conduct rules aimed at protecting retail consumers. These rule changes have already been described as the most significant regulatory and cultural shift over recent years and focus on producing good outcomes for consumers - something that has been neglected when it comes to transfers.

Right.

The STAR transfers initiative can help companies evidence their support of new Consumer Duty rules. Participating STAR firms who put themselves forward for accreditation, can showcase that they are focused on achieving timely transfers and good consumer outcomes.

Ah, now it's getting more interesting! I think we better bring Prince in at this point ...

Come on, son!

"Hey, look me over. Tell me, do u like what you see? Hey, I ain't got no money, but, honey, I'm rich on personality. Hey, check it all out. Baby, I know what it's all about. Before the night is through, u will see my point of view, even if I have 2 scream and shout. Baby, I'm a star!"

Ha! Thanks, Prince. That's really cheered me up on a cold Monday morning.

'He's great, isn't he?'

It's just what I needed actually because I'll be launching my demo very soon.

Anyway ...

STAR is a new award scheme, to tackle the issue of the amount of -

Let's go to the voices -

'Yippee!'

Let them speak ...

The FCA has made specific references to STAR and transfers in their recent CEO letters, stating: "We also consider that more needs to be done to speed up transfers between investment platforms, and we expect firms to do more to reduce platform switching times. The Duty guidance states firms should make it as easy to switch product, leave their service or make a change, as it is to buy the product or service in the first place. We continue to support the efforts of STAR, and we will continue to take action where we see firms falling below the standards we would expect."

Oh.

'Who was that?!'

Someone at the FCA, Voice.

'Who?!'

I don't know.

The FCA commenting says -

No, no, no.

Oh, look! We have Andrew Marker from STAR!!!

'Yippee!'

Come on, son!

Andrew Marker, STAR Chair, commenting says: "Tony went to fight in Belfast. Rudi stayed at home to starve. I could it make it all worthwhile as a rock and roll star."

Okay.

Nice one! Short and sweet.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

I might be going with this demo -

Mighty Soul
This Love
Round the Bend

Because my fingers are too cold and red and purple to record anything else at the moment.

Laters!