Wednesday 24 May 2023

I haven't snapped yet

I just ...

Like the Krishna guy, you know?

I keep thinking: 'Oh, I've snapped.'

But I haven't, man.

The "snap" only lasts a day or two before I return to the mundane world as confused and as exhausted and as will-less as before. Willless? Will less? Forget it!

BUT(!) ...

I want to snap. I want to be utterly GONE(!)

I don't want to make a decision. Uh. Decisions are for losers. And I don't want to make a fresh start. Christ. Fresh starts are for robots.

Turn them off, and turn them on. Those metal mutha - ... That ain't me, son. Daughter. Artificial intelligence? Do me a favour.

Smash them into junk!

No.

I want to snap.

Give me £10. Give me a bag of chips. Put me on a fucking train to Newquay! I don't care!

I don't know anyone there. I don't know anyone here.

Do you understand?

And YOU(!) ... should be doing this, too!

Don't stare at me, all smug with your dreary life ... that is killing you one day at a time. You're in the same boat, man! Maybe you know it, and maybe you don't. But I've just told you, ain't I?

'Mikey ...'

Voice, it's like talking to a zombie sometimes. These people.

'Robots, zombies ... who can tell the difference?'

Yeah, yeah.

Are you proud of yourself, reader(s)?

Listen!

I will snap.

I know I will.

I can feel it coming.

Tomorrow?
Next week??
Next month???

I don't know.

But it's coming. It's definitely coming.

And, you! You can stay behind. Or ... you can dive into the unknown, too. In your own way.

It's your choice.
Apparently, it's your life.
Ha!

Never mind.

Laters.