Tuesday 2 May 2023

I've got a headache

And I feel a bit sick, so I'm not doing the PR email I had lined up. Maybe tomorrow.

'But -'

No, Voice. Please be quiet. I need peace.

'Okay.'

Thanks.

Anyway ...

Music? My music?

I'm seriously running out of time, man, kooks, but my hand is still recovering from three weeks ago when that kid ran me over with his bike.

I've been thinking ... I might be able to get away with only adding one more song - Shady, Dodgy, Shifty - to the demo.

I just need a decent recording of it. I haven't even been trying lately.

I reckon I'll pin it to the top of my Twitter because the song has more "popular" appeal than Mighty Soul.

'What about This Love, Mikey?'

Ha! The chord changes for This Love are killing me at the moment with my hand the way it is, Voice. But you never know ... I might get lucky.

Anyway ...

Why don't you go home, Voice?

'Yippee! / Bye!'

I just need some peace today.

I can't look at the laptop screen, man.

But I am.

Never mind.

My fitness? I don't want to think about it. I can't do dumbbells with my hand. I hurt my shoulder before that. It hasn't been good this year.

Never mind.

I found a guy online who does demo recordings like those guys I went to years ago. But he's expensive. Even if he was cheap, I wouldn't do that again. He's a very good musician and producer/arranger, but listening to the things he's done ... I mean, it's like he's trying to promote himself to the music industry at the expense of the artists he's working for. I mean, they're paying for everything. Their songs are weak, but his production is brilliant, you know?

Never mind.

'Stop saying never mind.'

Go home, Voice!

Christ.

Anyway ...

Shady, Dodgy, Shifty is a great ballad with a lot of "popular" appeal. I just need that recording, man.

Two songs.

If people say to me: "Haven't you got any more songs?!" ... I'll reply, "Of course I have! But Mighty Soul and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty should satisfy you. What else do you want ... these days?"

These days, man.

Er ... I don't know if I'm making sense now, kooks. But I'm writing, aren't I? My head is a disaster zone, but I'm still writing.

I need that recording ... or I'm in trouble.

You don't even know, and I can't say.

This Love would be nice as well.

My life is hell.

Bye.


Update: I've decided to upload a recording of This Love to YouTube. I actually uploaded it about a month ago, but then deleted it because I wasn't sure about it, BUT(!) ... I ain't one of those Steely Dan guys. Do you know what I mean? I'm never going to get the perfection I'm after, so ... whatever! You dig?