Thursday 22 June 2023

Finance Norway

What's this?!

'Who's giving Norway money, boss?'

I've got no idea, Voice. They will only waste it - if I know those Norwegians.

'Do you know them?'

No.

Anyway ...

Oslo, Norway: State-backed Export Finance Norway (Eksfin) will provide guarantees for Aker Carbon Capture (ACC)'s recently announced contract to supply five ACC Just Catch units, additional equipment such as liquefaction systems, and temporary CO2 storage and on-/offloading facilities for two sites in Denmark. The contract, with leading Danish renewables company Ørsted, is worth over EUR 200m in total. The guarantees mark Eksfin's debut in the carbon capture and storage segment amid a burgeoning global market for Norwegian climate technology.

Er ... can we have that in English, please?

'Was it in Norwegian, boss?'

Shut up, idiot.

Anyway ...

The Danish are involved in this too.

I don't know.

I just don't know.

Maybe we should talk about something else.

'Finish the email.'

Uh.

All right.

'Where are the voices?'

Er ...

'You know I love the voices.'

Yes, I know you love the voices.

Aker Carbon Capture has been awarded contracts to deliver carbon capture to Ørsted's wood chip-fired Asnæs Power Station and the Avedøre Power Station's straw-fired boiler, both part of the -

No, no, no.

'Who was that?!'

No one.

Ah! Egil! Come on, son!

"We are frequently requested to provide guarantees for export contracts. To meet these demands, Eksfin's additional risk capacity allows Aker Carbon Capture to meet international customers' expectations at competitive terms in the growing carbon capture industry", says Egil Fagerland, Chief Financial Officer at Aker Carbon Capture.

'Thanks, Egil!'

Tone? 

"We are delighted on Aker Carbon Capture's behalf for securing this important contract. This is the first carbon capture project Eksfin has supported. Going forward, we aim to develop additional financing solutions together with commercial banks that serve our dual national goal of increasing exports and reducing emissions", says Eksfin CEO, Ms. Tone Lunde Bakker.

Nice one. 

Lunde?

"Increasing exports of Norwegian climate-related technology is one of our strategic priorities at Eksfin. Our flexible range of guarantees and loans are available to both Norwegian export companies and buyers of Norwegian goods and services who can also rely on our experience and collaborative approach to create the right tailored solution," says Lunde Bakker.

Thanks, Lunde.

Anyway ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

Oh yeah. Taking positives from a negative situation. Always try to do that, my dear kooks.

I mean, this blog, the words. Without the repetition of the conceptuals and the copying and pasting of the PR emails plus +(!) ... all the words I've written in the past, years before the blog ... man, I estimate ... one and a half million words of creative writing, you dig? The word power that has come from all that will be useful with the poetry I'm about to write. / And my songs? The lyrics of Nothing and Life and Death have turned out to be a good way back into the writing of poetry.

So, I'm staying positive.

And I'm building my vision in fine detail.

'Yippee!'

I imagine ...

Forty-four poems in my first volume.
Forty-two poems in my second volume.
Forty poems in my third volume.

Sounds crazy?

I see what the poems look like on the page. Their shape. How big they are, the free verse ones. How small they are ... maybe a few twelve-line poems, with metre and rhyme.

The moods, the atmospheres.

How Cornwall will be captured in volumes one and two. How my mind will be captured in words. My soul.

Universal words! Phrase-making!

And the Nature ... all of it!

I will be Nature - !!!

The sea, the beaches, the cliffs.

The moon, the sun.

The stars!

'Don't forget the cosmos, Mikey!'

And, obviously ... the spiritual dimension, yes, the cosmos. Which might actually be hidden behind the words. I won't actually use the word "cosmos".

It's just a strong vision, you dig?

Oh, you gotta have a strong vision, kook(s)! Yes, you(s) - !!!

The stronger the better!

Laters.


My astrologer though ... "You won't start to do your best writing until you reach the age of 54"  ... thirty years ago! ... he said age 54, not 53, or 55, but 54! I am 54. / And it's not as if I've waited to be this age. This bad situation I'm in is not of my making ... and I'm being forced into writing poetry as my only option. / Mysticism is real, folks.