Wednesday 7 June 2023

The light of the cosmos can be yours

Just say the word.

Do you want to be saved ... for a while?

Just say the word!

I was walking home from Richmond earlier, along the river, like, thinking dark thoughts rather deeply ...

When this man came out of nowhere and said to me: 'Sir, do you think pain and suffering will ever go from the world?'

Seriously. His exact words.

I said: 'No.'

And he said: 'Not even with the intervention of God?'

And I said: 'No, probably not.'

And I walked off.

But he wasn't far wrong. I mean, he shouldn't have used the word "God". He should have said "The cosmos".

And about the intervention thing ... the cosmos isn't going to intervene with the whole world, only with individuals who possess a certain level of consciousness.

And the cosmos can't care too much about pain and suffering and life and death, and all that jazz.

When Joan of Arc died, as an example ... the cosmos probably didn't recognize her death as a tragedy.

It might have said to itself: 'Great! I've got her away from that shithole of a planet. Now I can arrange something decent for her.' But that's all. Do you know what I mean?

Well, it doesn't speak. Ha!

Anyway, the guy who spoke to me was a sort of intervention because - even though I still had my troubles ... the darkness around those troubles had disappeared by the end of my walk.

Listen! Your mind has got to be full of light - oh, for a while ... and then you can be "saved" for a while. But it's hard to keep it up.

The moral of the story?

If the cosmos is in your corner ... anyone who fucks with you is also fucking with the cosmos.

It can make you very powerful.

Anyway ...

In other news ... the recording of Shady, Dodgy, Shifty is not as smooth as I would like, but I'll probably go with it, and just leave it on my YouTube channel for people to discover if they want to. I'll keep Mighty Soul pinned to the top of my Twitter.

Actually, some people don't like smooth perfection, you know. Look at the comments beneath this great performance of Under the Bridge. It's raw, it has depth, it has soul, it has feeling, etc, etc.

So ... I don't know.

Do you know???

Laters.


Update: No, no, no. The recording of Shady, Dodgy, Shifty is just too rough. If I have a minimum standard for songwriting, I also have one for recording. And Mighty Soul is that standard for recording.

And I've been thinking ... if I do go to Cornwall soon, I might not take my Yamaha electro acoustic. I might just go with a rucksack, which means ... packing in music and writing poetry 24/7 instead, you dig?

Sounds crazy, I know. But it's circumstances, man. I've run out of time. I can't get the recordings I need. And I can't see me walking everywhere with a very heavy rucksack and a guitar in a hard case.

'You need the guitar, Mikey ... for busking, for making money.'

Well, I'll take it then, and throw it over a cliff if it gets too much.

'You're crazy!'

Yeah, yeah.

Laters.