Monday 26 June 2023

Regtech???

Regtech?

"What's that?" ... you might be asking, dear reader(s), on a hot day in summer. Haven't you got a life?

'I know what it is, boss.'

What, Voice? Tell the readers.

'It's new technology that has been developed by a guy called Reg.'

Okay.

Reg who?

'Just a guy called Reg.'

Idiot.

Anyway ...

Regtech Spend to Surge to $207 Billion Globally by 2028, with AI & Machine Learning Unlocking Efficiencies.

Right.

Basingstoke, UK - 12th June 2023: A new study from Juniper Research, the foremost experts in fintech, has found that spend on regtech by financial institutions and other industries will increase by 124% between 2023 and 2028 globally, from $83 billion in 2023.

I know what fintech is.

What the hell is regtech?!

'I've already told you.'

Shut up.

Increasingly complex regulatory requirements are driving corporates to adopt a range of new technologies to facilitate compliance. New approaches include the use of shared blockchain ledgers to improve anti-money laundering, and fraud compliance at cryptocurrency exchanges. Natural language processing is also being used to detect malicious actors in emails and phone calls; successfully identifying misconduct, conflicts of interest and financial crime. With increased deployment of these technologies, we anticipate rising levels of enterprise investment, as they recognise the vast efficiencies regtech can create. 

For the love of Christ! What is regtech?!

Regtech is a subset of fintech focusing on technology that can enable the delivery of regulatory requirements more efficiently and effectively than existing capabilities.

Thank you!

That wasn't too difficult, was it?

These people ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

I've got two poems now.

'Yippee!'

The latest one is Owlman.

[It only took me an hour to write on Friday. My inspiration from the conceptuals has definitely spread to my poems. I was hoping that would be the case.]

It's a small poem in free verse, and I rather like it. I might write quite a few of these free verse poems. 'Really?' Yeah. You're given more freedom to concentrate on the words and the meaning of the poem, and you can be more "artistic", I suppose, than with ... you know, traditional verse. However, there is the danger of too much freedom. Also, you've got to struggle to stay poetic. You don't want the writing to look and sound like chopped-up prose, you dig?

Anyway ...

Tony Robbins talks about shifting your identity, and the whole direction of your life changing.

Something about American POWs being brainwashed by the Chinese.

'What's that got to do with poetry, Mikey?'

Ha, ha, ha!

A hell of a lot, my little invisible friend. More than you can imagine.

'Oh.'

I blame the ghost of Yeats, myself. But that's another story.

Anyway ...

I watched Glastonbury on TV this weekend. It was all right.

Just two things ...

The new music by young stars seemed alien to me.

And ...

The old music by old stars seemed ... awkward.

Do you know what I mean, kooks?

Maybe you don't.

I don't know.

But I bought Shakespeare in Love for my phone ... and watching it after the music made me think ... how high culture really floats above popular culture.

Do you dig?

And new "heavy" high culture barely exists these days ...

There's a real opportunity there for someone who's as nuts as I am.

'Who's as nuts as you, though?'

No one.

Laters.