Monday 27 January 2014

Finance? Monday morning? Do me a favour, son!

Oh, you're such an optimist, coming here, looking for financial news, on a cold Monday morning ... in January! What have you been smoking, man?

No, I ain't writing that shit today. I'm not in the mood. I've got song business to take care of, later. / I wrote most of the lyric for Gilly, Gilly over the weekend. I only need two lines now. Hopefully, I'll get those today or tomorrow. Then there will be radio silence while I rehearse and record. I should be ready soon, God willing. It's taken enough time, ain't it? It was never like this when I was a kid. However, I have higher standards these days.

The lyric is pretty simple. It's cool though. I'm trying to write the ultimate pop song, and I just might do it. / Oh, let's wait and see, man. I'm staying positive.

I watched that Leonardo DiCaprio film on TV last night, Blood Diamond. A brilliant film. It really shows how corrupt the world is. There's a great line: "God left this place a long time ago." Great, but not true. He's watching us. So be careful ...

Laters.


Update (4.00pm): I've finished Gilly, Gilly, but it's a bit different now. 'A lot different!' Not so much bubblegum pop like I was planning, more, er, country pop. (Is there such a thing? Is that what Taylor Swift does? Or have I just invented it, the way Gram Parsons invented country rock? I mean, this is real poppy shit. Bubblegum country! Yeah, I've invented bubblegum country!) / I don't know what to make of it. It will probably take me a week or two to get comfortable with the change. Man, I just have no control! NO CONTROL AT ALL!!!