Tuesday 21 January 2014

I'm not going to Davos - again

I can't be bothered with it. It's just going to be a bunch of twats talking shit. What's the point? Nothing will change. Well, the rich will get richer, I suppose.

I wonder if George Soros is going to Davos this year. He normally phones me, but I haven't had the call yet. Maybe he's given up. I ain't ever going to Davos, man!

I don't know if my angel is going. I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that.

...

I saw The Wolf of Wall Street yesterday. (Have you seen it, dear reader(s)?) I think it might be the craziest mainstream film I've ever seen, and I reckon it's the best financial film after Wall Street. Martin Scorsese seems to have got his shit together after years of pretty average films. It's his best since Goodfellas. And I didn't even notice that the thing was three hours long! / Leonardo DiCaprio was great. Some actors are film stars, and some are serious actors. DiCaprio must be the best combination of film star and serious actor around at the moment. / Jonah Hill was brilliant as well.

...

Music? Well ... / I've been listening to a rough recording of You're Lying this morning. It's definitely my greatest achievement in life, and I've got to get it to people's ears, man. But I can't yet, not without Gilly, Gilly - which still needs a lyric. I'm not using My Heart, but I've got the other pop song - from 2012! (Where does the time go, man?) If I can sandwich the great crooner's torch song of You're Lying between two really commercial pop songs on my demo, there'll be no stopping me. In fact, it will be a classic case of ... NO PRISONERS!!!

So, after lunch, I'll be playing my guitar for the rest of the day ...