Wednesday 14 September 2016

Marcel Bradshaw has left Old Mutual International

Well, there's not a lot of news around, you know? 'It's still summer, boss.' Yes, Voice. I was hoping for winter by now. I'm pissed off with all this heat.

Anyway, yeah ... this Marcel character. He was the sales director for Old Mutual International, but he didn't like all the travelling, so he resigned. That's okay. I don't blame him. I don't like travelling either. Travelling is for halfwits. I mean, some people actually enjoy it. Not just for business. The cretins even go on holiday. 'Christ!' Seriously. 'What's that famous saying, boss?' Er ... let me think ... The farther one travels, the less one knows. 'Yes!' And it's true. / Just stay at home, everyone. Sit quietly in a chair, like Pascal. 'Who?!' Pascal. Blaise Pascal. 'A mate of yours?' Not really. Let's move on!

...

Music? My music? I wrote a lyric yesterday, from beginning to end, in three hours. That's the way it should be done. No messing. I often get my music in minutes. If I can start to get my lyrics in hours, I'll be happy. / I'll do more today. I've got a title, concept, and half a dozen lines for another one. Oh, I'm about 80 per cent through my four new songs. Yes, it's only a matter of time. However, I don't like to talk/write about it. NO MORE UPDATES!!!

What am I listening to? Er, I was listening to Pulp a little while ago, Different Class. Has Jarvis Cocker finished with music? I find it strange you can record a classic album like that and then just disappear off the scene. 'He's still around, you cheeky git! He's just low-key, that's all.' What, by choice? / Oh, okay ...

But it makes me think ... you know? Sometimes I watch repeats of Top of the Pops from the Seventies and Eighties (on BBC Four). Most of the stars on that show are out of the business now, or playing Butlins, BUT(!) ... you see them prancing about in their youth, really full of themselves and probably imagining it will last forever. 'Their career or their youth?' Both, I should imagine. / AND THAT'S WHY ... you should never be satisfied with what you've achieved. Keep going at the highest level of creativity! It's a fucking choice you can make, man!