Thursday 23 May 2019

I'm playing music ...

I mean, come on ... it's the last post of the week, ain't it? And you can't expect me to write about finance all the time, dear reader(s). I'm not a mug.

Angel Eyes. Frank Sinatra. / From the most depressing album ever recorded. I'm not depressed though. I'm just saying.

Let's Stay Together. Al Green. / This profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic bloggers. Bloggers who thought their ass would age like wine. Well, mine has, actually. Ha!

Life Goes On. 2Pac. / Melancholic thug life. I'm not melancholic though. I'm just saying. I'm rather happy tonight. For no particular reason, obviously.

Nightrain. Guns N' Roses. / I'll get to Cornwall soon, hopefully.

True To Life. Roxy Music. / Luxury music!

Summertime. Sam Cooke. / This song has been recorded, uh ... billions of times! But this is the best version.

Unfinished Sympathy. Massive Attack. / It's not the same without the video, man.

Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues. Bob Dylan. / From his golden period, 1965-66.

Love To Love You Baby. Donna Summer. / Hot - !!!

La Bamba. Ritchie Valens. / Have you seen the film about him? It's pretty good.

I Found A Reason. The Velvet Underground. / Lovely atmosphere!

Consider Yourself. Written by Lionel Bart. / He used to write his songs without an instrument because he couldn’t play. I’ve done two tunes that way in the last two days. [They still need working on.] Just in my head, like. Which is a new thing for me. / Should I write a musical? I wrote four plays years ago. I suppose they weren't all that, but I could do better now. Just throw in a few songs and you've got a musical! The good thing is, musicals, like concerts, are internet proof. You can make a lot of money if you have a hit. Oh, I don't know. It's a silly idea, really.


Okay, okay. It's time for ... [drum roll] ... Brian Eno's Apollo. Nice!

...

Well, well, kook(s) ... the end of another week. This is always tough for me because now I've got to find the energy to put into my music. I play all week, of course, but when the blogging is over I've got to step it up or ... goof off.

I'm still not like Elon yet. Work ethic and that. It doesn't matter. He's not like me. I'm the one with the Caesarean personality, remember.

Never mind. It takes all sorts to make a world.

Laters!