Tuesday 29 October 2019

Property news, with experts

Okay, okay. PR email, but ... 'What, boss? You sound troubled.' Well, at the end of the email this Rhys says, "Speak soon ...". I mean ... 'Ha, ha, ha! Christ. Are you going to speak with him?' No, Voice. No I'm not. You know I don't like this sort of thing. It makes me really nervous.

Anyway ...

Hi Michael,

Nationwide's latest House Price Index (released this morning) has revealed that the average UK house price has increased by a modest 0.2% in October. If you're planning on covering this breaking news, please find below comments from two leading property experts reacting to these latest figures.


Right. I wasn't planning on covering the news, but ... this Rhys seems to be a really lovely guy and - 'And you haven't got anything else to write about.' Yeah.

Anyway ...

Jamie Johnson, CEO of FJP Investment, "Today's house price index demonstrates that despite Brexit uncertainty, demand for real estate remains. Yes, the rate of house price growth has slowed down, but the fact that prices are rising at a time when the government is amidst a political crisis should not be overlooked. The question now is whether this upturn is a sign of things to come.

"The property market faces some challenging months ahead, made more complicated by the fact that Brexit has been delayed until 31st January 2020. Yet despite the uncertainty, it is important to remember the bigger picture. Whilst it is natural in times of uncertainty for property prices to fluctuate, bricks and mortar has remained, for the most part, resilient. Figures from the Office of National Statistics, for instance, show that the average UK house price has risen from £214,000 in June 2016, to £228,000 in January 2019 - impressive growth for any asset.

"The property market has weathered many storms before, including the global financial crisis, snap general elections and high-profile political resignations, and there is no reason to believe this won't be the case in the months leading up to Brexit."


Okay, okay. Just one question though: Should a CEO really be called Jamie? 'Ha! It's a matter for him, boss. Leave him alone, you bully!' Yeah, all right.

Let's hear from Paresh ...

Paresh Raja, CEO of Market Financial Solutions, "House price growth remains at a low 0.2%, and this will have many property commentators worried.

"We shouldn't let these monthly figures distract us from the bigger picture. In real terms, house prices have risen since the EU referendum vote, which is an impressive feat given the performance of other assets that have struggled as a consequence of Brexit uncertainty.

"And let's not forget that for the majority of October, the UK was assuming that Brexit would be happening at the end of the month. Yes, this has now been delayed, but these latest figures nonetheless show that even when Brexit looked to be a mere few weeks away, house prices were not drastically fluctuating.

"Buyers and sellers are no doubt suffering from Brexit-fatigue, and this marginal increase/decrease will no doubt be replicated over the coming months as we wait for Brexit to be resolved. Once certainty returns to the market, I'd expect to see a boost in transactions as buyers and sellers are able to effectively plan for the future without Brexit uncertainty hanging over them."
 

Okay, okay. Thank you, Paresh. You've got a very serious name, son. Well done!

...

Anything else? Oh yes. Listen! For me, getting a recording and/or publishing deal is a special ops mission now. I don't sleep much, I hardly watch TV, and I eat less, and I exercise more. I'm constantly active! When my blogging is done, I'm on the guitar. I'm strengthening my fingers, I'm strengthening my singing voice ... and I'm strengthening my mind, and my soul - !!! I even see myself as being behind enemy lines. 'Ha! How on earth are you behind enemy lines, boss?!' Voice ... society all around me is the enemy, until I can turn it - or sections of it - on to my music, you dig? 'Yeah, okay. I see.' Nice one!

Dear kook(s) ... If you ain't got the right mindset, you ain't got nothing.

The "behind enemy lines" concept is very powerful. [I thought of it this morning! Inspired by the solo mission order at the beginning of Can't Hurt Me.] It means that you must dodge bullets* every day. It means that your life is in danger until you can achieve your goal. Using this concept, you can't see yourself as a normal member of society. Oh no. You do not belong. At least, not yet. Because you must complete your mission first.

Ha!

Laters!


*I'm talking about your money or lack of it, bills to pay, your health, relationships, your home situation, your work situation. Just anything in your life that is dodgy or unsafe.