Thursday 3 October 2019

What are those Refinitiv guy(s) saying now?

Oh, first, some disturbing news! Andromeda is going to "eat" the Milky Way in four billion years' time, so, uh ...

WHAT'S THE POINT OF ANYTHING - ?! - ?! - ?!

Anyway ...

Lipper European Fund Flows Report: August 2019

Yeah, it's from Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Lipper from Refinitiv. He's the guy I was referring to in the title.

So ...

European Fund-Flow Trends: Investors Fear an Economic Slowdown.
August 2019 was the sixth month in which long-term mutual funds posted net inflows.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in August amounted to net inflows of €49.2 bn.
Money market funds (+€26.4 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for August.
Bond USD (+€11.9 bn) was the best-selling sector among long-term funds for August.
Luxembourg (+€26.4 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Ireland (+€16.4 bn), France (+€6.3 bn), Switzerland (+€3.0 bn), and the Netherlands (+€0.8 bn).
Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now).
BlackRock was the best-selling fund promoter for August overall, with net sales of €9.0 bn, ahead of UBS (+€6.3 bn) and Northern Trust (+€4.8 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share-class level amounted to net inflows of €13.7 bn for August.
Focused SICAV - US Treasury Bond USD F-acc (+€2.3 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund for August.


Well, fair enough. 'Well, fair enough?! You can do better than that, boss. Come on!' Christ. Uh. Nice one, Detlef!

...

Anything else? Uh. Music? All right. All right. The last music update, kook(s). 'Ha!' I need to focus on finance. 'Yeah.' I do. BUT(!), listen! ... before starting this post I finished the chorus for my new tune. [Oh, I nearly abandoned the song last night, but then I woke up this morning with the same tune in my head. That's got to be a good sign, ain't it? Two days in a row!] I was having a bit of trouble with it, but then I used an old Beatles trick of throwing in a chord that's totally outside the key, and it worked! It's a high risk strategy, my friend(s), but it can work. Oh yes. 'Ha!' Ha! Of course, there's no risk, not really. If an idea doesn't work, you get another idea, right? I mean, am I right, or ... am I right? 'You're right, Mikey!' Thank you, Voice. / Now all I've got to do is get a new rhythm for the piece - oh, I don't like the rhythm - and decide on the pace. Is it going to be a fast rocker, or a lovely slow ballad? I've got no idea, man!

[I shouldn't even be writing songs at the moment. I should be recording my new demo.]

[I'm not sure I like the chorus.]

Later(s), alligator(s)!