Monday 18 November 2019

Uh, Keensight

Yeah, it's, uh ... another Keensight PR email, from about a week ago, actually. 'Why are you writing about it now, boss?' Because I didn't do it last week, idiot! 'All right. / Are you in a bad mood?' A bit, Voice. More of a confused mood, really. 'Why?' No particular reason. It's just one of those days.

Yeah, yeah. I reckon the Conservatives will win the general election. I also reckon Trump will win in 2020. 'Why?!' Because the left can't respond to the threat of these nutjobs without going totally insane, that's why. 'Oh.' Christ. I absolutely loathe ideology, man. / Obama said recently that voters aren't revolutionaries. Or something like that. And he's right - if he said it. I mean, uh ... he might not have said it. No. I mean, well ... I saw it on a YouTube video earlier this morning, and ... I'm too lazy to check if it's the truth or not, you dig? 'Dear oh dear.' We all know what YouTube is like. It's great and everything, BUT(!) ... people can say anything on it, you dig?

Not that I care. I just don't care.

I bought That'll Be The Day for my phone yesterday. Listen! The most important scene in the film is the final scene where Jim goes into the music shop to buy his first guitar. The guy in the shop asks, "Right, sure you'll be able to handle it?" And Jim replies, "Yeah, I'll be all right." / The point is, MUSIC MAKES EVERYTHING ALL RIGHT. You don't need ideology. You need a guitar!

I, me, me, me ... I need three chords, and the truth. My personal truth. It's got NOTHING to do with anyone or anything else.

Anyway ...

I don't have the enthusiasm, but ...

Keensight Capital, one of the leading private equity managers dedicated to pan-European Growth Buyout investment[1], along with Naxicap, mid cap investor, today announce the signing of an exclusivity agreement with a view to buying a majority stake in the group Sogelink, a leading provider of vertical software solutions for infrastructure sector professionals. Keensight Capital will become the majority shareholder of Sogelink, alongside Naxicap, management and employees.

Well, obviously, it's not today, dear reader(s). Last week! 'Ha! I like that one in the square bracket, boss.' Eh? What one?! 'The number one, silly!' Oh, of course. Yes, it's lovely.

Founded in 2000, Sogelink designs, develops and markets software and SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions intended to simplify and optimize complex business processes in the building site, infrastructure and property management industry.

Fine. I'm sure it's all marvellous and that. But let's go to the voices ...

Fatima Berral, CEO of Sogelink, says: "We are convinced that Keensight's support and extensive expertise, particularly in vertical software, will be a tremendous asset to enable us to pursue our development strategy in France and abroad. The Keensight team's philosophy is perfectly aligned with ours, so I am delighted with this partnership."

I walked to Richmond Hill and back on Saturday. Ten miles! 'Great!' Yeah. It used to wear me out, but I don't even feel it now. 'Well, you're fit now.' I must be. 'You're fit, but my gosh, don't you know it.' Ha! A Streets lyric - nice! But that's someone else, Voice.

Jean-Michel Beghin, Managing Partner of Keensight Capital, comments: "We have known Sogelink for a long time and it fits our investment criteria perfectly: strong growth, robust profitability, and a leader in a structurally expanding market. We are impressed by the work accomplished by Fatima, Ignace and Sogelink's teams in recent years and the coherent manner with which they have developed the group's diverse business activities. We are convinced of the growth potential harboured by the company, both in its domestic market and abroad."

I'm cheering up a bit. 'Because of these guys?' Ha! No. The sun is shining. Beautiful winter sun!

Angele Faugier, Managing Partner at Naxicap, says: "We are proud to have been able to support the Sogelink team over the past 3 years. During this stage, with the founder, we decided to entrust the role of CEO to Fatima Berral, whose action was decisive in ensuring the very sustained pace of development, integrating new talents and giving a new dimension to the group. In addition, the platform has been configured to accommodate new services and developments internally or externally; these elements have motivated our desire to re-include ourselves very significantly in the new investment round."

Okay, okay. It sounds fascinating, guys. It really does. I wish you all ... all the best with it.

Later(s), kook(s)!