Thursday 14 November 2019

Uh, quant

Well, well ...

Enhancing the investment process with our upgraded, multi-asset, easy to use web platform and API. Adding a quantitative macro overlay to the risk, strategy, quant and investment approach, whether you are top-down or bottom-up in style.

Okay, okay. Anything else? 'Hang on a minute, boss!' What? 'Is that it?!' The PR email? Yes. 'Ha! There must have been more.' Well, not really, Voice. There were links, and ... a few charts. I don't put charts on my blog. So ...

Anyway!

Anything else? Music? Yeah, you know I enjoy analyzing shit and grading my songs. Well, I reckon my album is like this -

World-beaters

Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?


Bread-and-butter classics (first class)

I'm Right Inside
Love Me


Bread-and-butter classics (second class)

Lucky You
Round The Bend
Good Times/Bad Times
I Want Everything


Now, taking someone else's great album at random ... let's say Achtung Baby by U2 ...

World-beaters

One

Bread-and-butter classics (first class)

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Mysterious Ways


Bread-and-butter classics (second class)

The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Until The End Of The World


Good, regular songs, I suppose

Zoo Station
So Cruel
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness


You see, kook(s)? I think that's a fair analysis. Now you know why I've been working so hard for years, and years, and, uh ... years. 'Yeah. Record your demo then, Mikey.' I'm still rehearsing. 'Jesus H. Christ!' Listen! Performance has always been the problem, man. But I'm working on it. I'm seriously working on it. 'Okay.' I'm like a Navy SEAL these days when it comes to singing and playing the guitar. 'Eh?!' You know what I mean.

I tell you though, dear reader(s) ... I really need to record my demo and put it online before my life goes down the toilet. 'FFS! Don't be so negative!' I'm not being negative. I'm just facing facts. I mean, I don't have one of these "comfortable" lives that we hear so much about. And I've got to be selfish, actually. I'm not one of these people who can worry about all the, oh, Christ ... problems of the world, you dig? 'Ha! You have to be "comfortable" to worry about that shit.' Exactly, Voice! Exactly!

Anyway ...

[By the way, I'm Right Inside is such a menacing, bad-ass song now. Maybe I should record it raw, like The Stooges in their prime. I don't know. Or maybe it should be something a bit more refined, like The Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter.]

Later(s), rock fan(s)!