Tuesday 20 November 2012

Libra Advisors is returning outside capital!!!

Oh my God! Not another hedge fund giving money back to investors. Has the world gone mad? Hedgies are sick of money - ?!

Well, not quite. They're sick of regulation, of interference. I can't blame them. Where's the fun in the business now? / 'Mikey, it must be all this Ken Dodd financial legislation, yeah?' Ken Dodd, Voice? Maybe. I know the poor man had trouble with his taxes. I'm not sure he's mixed up in this though. 'Do some research. I think you'll find he is.' You do some research. You're my intern. 'Intern? No, I don't get paid for that, man.' Well, no, you don't, man. That's why you're my intern. 'Eh?' Forget it, Voice. 'Don't worry, I will.' / You can't get the staff, dear reader(s). / 'Anyway, I'm setting up your paywall later, Mikey. And that's going to cost you. Serious cash, you know. I mean, for my technical expertise.' Paywall?! Piss off, you idiot! 'Your freeloading readers have had it all their own way for far too long. But there's a new sheriff in town. Me! They'll have to register. I want to know who they are, and what they're doing. You can call me Big Voice.' Oi! This is my blog. So you can do one, Little Moron. (Ignore him, reader[s?].) I'm a natural-born blogger, and a man of the people. This blog needs to be free. (Freedom!) I need to be free. My people need to be free. 'Oh, just joking, son. You're so easy to wind up.' Voice. 'Yeah?' Go away, please.

_________________________


Has he gone?

Yeah, he's gone. Fucking paywall. As if. I can't stand the bloody things. And hell will freeze over before I sign in to any fucking blog myself. / I can't expect you ... The truth is, I've just got too much love for my readers - YOU(s)! / Respect and love, you understand? / You're more to me than a bit of shitty data. / Oh, YOU! / (Individual reader.) You're a human being. You're a spirit, and a part of the universal spirit of the cosmos. / Can you dig it? Are you on my wavelength?

_________________________


Napoleon said you should never interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake. (Well, Rod Steiger, in the film.) But he was a military genius. I'm not. So ...

I'm listening to Neil Young's new album, Psychedelic Pill. / I reckon Ramada Inn is a great song, one of his best ever.

So, so, so ... I'm working in the night again. I like the night. I can think clearly in the night.

I feel like I've been listening to the same song for twenty minutes. 'You have! Driftin' Back.' Shut it! / Only another seven minutes to go.

Good night, everyone!