Sunday 24 January 2016

Nigel Hart has got this new long/short thing ...

A new hedge fund at Advenio Capital Management. I'm not sure if he works there. They might just be letting him use a desk, I don't know. 'Maybe he should get his own office, boss.' Yeah, maybe, Voice. [Times are hard!] Actually, Nigel's LinkedIn profile says he's a managing partner at Advenio, but I've read elsewhere he's, er ... under the auspices or something. 'Under the arches?!' Ha! Under the auspices, man. Although he will be under the arches soon if he doesn't get his life sorted out. 'And what about the fund, boss?' Oh, the fund, the vehicle, as it were, or ... as it is, is a long/short global equities hedge fund. 'Does it have a name?' Not as far as I know.

Christ! These hedgies ... / This is all over in America, by the way, dear reader(s), Greenwich. So maybe we shouldn't get upset about it. I mean, it's nothing to do with us, is it? 'What about your American readers, boss?' Eh?! What about my Australian readers?! Give me a break! What about my Welsh readers?! Who cares?! Leave me alone ...

Obviously, I shouldn't have to say this, but it goes without saying that I wish Mr Hart all the best with this new thing of his. 'Does he have a wife? They could run it together, like Hart to Hart.' Yes, very funny. You should be on the telly. Idiot!

...

Well, well ... / Yeah, Sunday afternoon. It's quite warm. Is winter over? I hope so. Roll on summer! And Cornwall! / Monday? I probably won't be writing tomorrow. If I don't go out - which is definitely a possibility, depending on the weather - I'll stay in. 'That makes sense!' I fancy a twelve-hour session on my music, to see how much I can get done. I need some new tunes, man. / Reader(s), that dream tune I told you about is in its final form now. Just shy of six minutes long, it needs a lyric of five verses and a chorus. Poetic shit, too, because I want to give Dylan a run for his money.

Laters ...