Wednesday 30 March 2016

Mark Mobius is starting to slow down

Nice one, son! / And I don't blame him. I mean, he's fed up managing the Templeton Emerging Markets Group. It's too much like hard work. The fact is, our Mark has been mixed up in finance for decades. I couldn't stand it for six months, myself. 'What, boss?! You've been writing this blog for over nine years now!' Yeah, yeah. This is different, Voice. Covering the news, taking the piss, writing about music a bit. 'Ha!' And I'm on the mystical side of things, anyway. It's not the same as going into an office, day-in, day-out, managing funds, managing staff, talking to clients - who are a massive pain in the arse, as we all know. Those bastards always want more money, more profit. 'Slags!' They should get jobs, Voice. Let's see some of these investors do a hard day's work for once. 'For a fair day's pay.' Exactly! But no! They expect their money to work for them. 'While they sit back and drink Martinis. I absolutely despise these scumbags, boss.' So do I, man. And I imagine Mr Mobius, our Mark, feels the same way now.

Well, from his LinkedIn profile ...

Dr. Mobius has spent more than 40 years working in global emerging markets and has received numerous industry awards. He was named one of Bloomberg Markets Magazine's "50 Most Influential People" in 2011, AsiaMoney Magazine's "Top 100 Most Powerful and Influential People" in 2006, "Emerging Markets Equity Manager of the Year 2001" by International Money Marketing, "Ten Top Money Managers of the 20th Century" in a 1999 Carson Group survey, "Number One Global Emerging Market Fund" in a 1998 Reuters Survey, "1994 First in Business Money Manager of the Year" by CNBC, "Closed-End Fund Manager of the Year" in 1993 by Morningstar, and "Investment Trust Manager of the Year 1992" by the Sunday Telegraph.

Obviously, a very popular and celebrated guy. 'One of your friends, ain't he?' Sort of. 'You had a chat with him. It's in your archive.' Ha! / Well, well ... I didn't know he was a doctor, reader(s), you know? I've been worried about my blood pressure lately. I don't want to bother him with it though. Never mind. I'm sure it's nothing. I'm just a bit stressed out, that's all. I need a holiday.

...

Anything else? Music? I'm listening to The Band. Acadian Driftwood is a nice song. So is It Makes No Difference. I bought Easy Rider on DVD recently. That film features The Weight. / My music? I'm not writing about my music any more. 'Oh.' I can't be bothered, man. However, I still don't have any lyrical ideas for my new song. It's a bit frustrating, considering it's my best piece of music. We all have troubles in life, don't we? I don't want to talk about it.