Tuesday 31 March 2020

Business property

Yeah. PR email ...

London-based Inc & Co Property Group, the sister company of Inc & Co, is celebrating the acquisition of Prospect Business Centres, a property development group with serviced offices in various locations throughout London and Leeds.

Fine. But, uh ... we don't need business property no more, or business. We are in lockdown now. Maybe for six months. Maybe for two years. So ... oh, I don't know, man. / Listen! If Winston Churchill were alive, I'm sure he would find a way to convince people to stay in their homes for two or three months. But even he - with all his amazing rhetoric - would have a tough time stretching it out to six months. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway ...

Jack Mason, Group CEO at Inc & Co Property Group, says "This is such an exciting time for the property development scene and we're really pleased to be able to bring Prospect Business Centres into the group. By bringing these offices under the Inc & Co umbrella we can offer a strong proposition to our clients and teams.

"We're going to continue to focus on customer service delivery and offer the highest standard to everyone using the offices. These are high-quality offices in great locations, and it provides the perfect offices for all sizes of company.

"We're planning on investing in modernizing all the interiors to offer new, innovative contemporary working spaces that meets the growing needs of our customers. We'll also be rebranding the centres in order to bring them under the Inc & Co umbrella.

"Whenever we acquire a new business, we always aim to retain the talent and the wealth of experience that already exists in the company. We're delighted to be continuing to work with Charles Cudworth as MD, and Andrew Butler, as COO along with the other members of the team."

Right. Well, I wish you all the best, Jack, I really do.

...

Anything else? Music? Thank God I have my music! I can stay indoors and play my guitar, and still dream of a future where people live freely ... not caged like animals, waiting for slaughter. But that's just me, man. We must all find our own ways of coping.

Listen! I've been thinking ... oh yes. Great songwriters write their best songs in their twenties and thirties. Then they lose it. All of them. Okay, well ... guys like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Paul Simon are able to write the occasional great-ish song, BUT(!) ... they can't do it consistently. No one can. 'You can, boss!' Oh, hello, Voice. Yes, I can. 'What makes you so different then?' Ha! My Napoleonic will, son, BECAUSE(!) ... [drum roll] ... inspiration is bullshit. Always has been. Always will be. 'Hey! What about all those dream and blackout fragments you get from the cosmos?' Yeah, fragments. I've still got to write the bloody songs, ain't I?

...

Uh. Uh. Christ. I hardly leave the house anyway, in normal times, but ... it's the thought ... the thought that I can't spend three hours walking to Richmond and back. And I can't go to St Ives and sit on my favourite rock and stare at the sea for a whole afternoon. Some things are worse than death. 'Like what, Mikey?!' Like, Voice ... the life that other people want you to live.

Well, let's hope everything works out for the best, kook(s), eh?

Stay hard! We'll get through this!

Laters!