Monday 9 March 2020

Jasan Fitzpatrick

Who is he? What does he do? Why am I writing about him ... on a cold, Monday morning? Haven't I got anything better to do?

It's my job, man. And bad karma. Never, never ... mind, eh?

Legal & General Capital (LGC) announces that Jasan Fitzpatrick has been appointed Managing Director of Principal Investment, responsible for its investments in Venture Capital and SME finance; Build to Rent and Affordable Housing.

Okay, okay. Yes, it's a PR email. I had a couple of emails about gold, but I'm doing this one. I'm tired of writing about gold and baked beans. 'Maybe just once, boss, you could write about silver and Pot Noodles.' Ha! Don't be  ridiculous, Voice. No one wants to hear about silver and Pot Noodles. Not at a time like this. People want to hear about - 'Gold and baked beans, yes.' Yes.

Anyway ...

Legal & General's principal investment strategy will continue to evolve under Jasan's leadership, exploring innovative ways to deploy capital and enhance returns across alternative asset capabilities. A key area of focus for the business will be pioneering access to the Venture Capital asset class for Defined Contribution customers, whilst creating an asset portfolio which complements LGIM's investment strategy and supports the growth of Legal & General's retirement arm.

Fine. And something about Jasan?

Jasan has been employed by LGC since July 2018, when he joined from CALA Group. With over 20 years' experience across the property and investment sectors, Jasan was General Counsel and Company Secretary at Premium Credit Limited, a finance business owned by the private equity house Cinven, and General Counsel and Company Secretary at Northern Rock, prior to his role at CALA Group.

Well, well ... / And that's who he is, and what he does. Our Jasan. Have we "captured" him, do you think? 'Not the way you use to capture these characters, boss.' Well, I haven't got the energy these days. Nor the enthusiasm. 'Oh. That's a real shame.' No it's not.

Anyway, speak to us, Jasan!

Jasan Fitzpatrick, Managing Director of Principal Investment at Legal & General Capital, says: "The VC ecosystem is growing strongly in the UK. Forming an increasingly important part of the UK economy, start-ups and scale-ups continue to transform entire industries, generating strong returns and revolutionising the way we live, work and play. Legal & General has committed capital to continue to support these businesses through existing Venture Capital managers. We also continue to see compelling opportunities to invest in the Build to Rent and Affordable Housing sectors."

Thank you, Jasan. I wish you all the best. 'So do I!' So does the Voice ... you'll be glad to hear, no doubt. Ha!

...

Anything else? Music? My music? Well, I have a new tune, which will definitely be a world-beater*. I need a lyric for it. I'm thinking of putting some generic come on, come on ... s! in the chorus, just like with This World Don't Mean a Thing. The old songwriting me would have avoided that, but I'm more confident these days, and I do what I feel like doing, man. If I can finish this song quickly, it might replace Good Times on the demo and the album. Also, I have another song, And Rain Came Down, which is nearly finished. There's no room for that on the album either. I have more great songs than I know what to do with.


*Actually, I'm not sure how useful it is describing songs as "world-beaters". Angels is one of my favourites, but a lot of people hate the song. Probably because they hate Robbie Williams. Never mind.