Thursday 7 May 2020

First Cobalt

I'm glad this is the last post of the week because I'm not in the mood for anything much, not even playing the guitar.

[Oh, I'll be in the mood for Minder and The Sweeney later. But that's easy. You just put the TV on and stare at the screen. Do you know what I mean?]

BAAR, Switzerland - (05 May 2020) - Blackstone Resources AG is pleased to announce that First Cobalt has announced positive feasibility study results for their cobalt refinery. First Cobalt is an important investment interest in Blackstone's battery metal mining portfolio.

Okay, okay. Someone is pleased to announce that someone else has announced something. Ha! I can relate to that. Boris is going to announce that we can go out more. I'll be able to go to Richmond then. I'll probably announce it next week on this blog.

I won't be able to go to Cornwall though. I have five or six days a year where I can really enjoy myself and forget the awful reality of everything. But not this year. Maybe I'll buy a new guitar instead.

According to Benchmark Mineral Intelligence, there are no plans to commission new cobalt refineries outside China, other than First Cobalt. At the same time, auto manufactures in North America have a strong desire to source cobalt sulphate in North America. The report also estimates that cobalt demand from nickel-cobalt-manganese (NCM) batteries used in EVs will increase from approximately 20,000 tonnes in 2019, to over 730,000 tonnes in 2040. This places First Cobalt in a very strong position. The company has, therefore, attracted considerable attention from investors.

I have no plans to go to Cornwall. There's nowhere to stay, you see. And all the pubs are shut.

But I wonder ... how are the seagulls getting on? Are they confused? They normally rely on guys like me. I mean, for chips and mint ice creams.

In July 2009, First Cobalt entered into a partnership with Glencore AG to fully fund (in an undiluted manner) a phased recommissioning of First Cobalt’s refinery. This agreement was subject to the completion of a positive feasibility study. Glencore plans to use First Cobalt's refinery to treat cobalt feed material supplied from their DRC operations on a four in-a-half year rolling basis. The objective of this project is to produce approximately 25,000 tonnes of cobalt sulphate for the electric vehicle market.

Fair enough.

Listen! I'm trying to cheer myself up by listening to the rough recording of And Rain Came Down. It's a shame the vocal isn't louder.

Life might go back to some sort of normality soon. I mean, normal enough for me to put my music online. And Rain Came Down and Stella will guarantee a recording contract. I am 100 percent certain of that. Those songs are too commercial and too well-written to be rejected.

I've just got to hold myself together, that's all.

Laters.