Wednesday 13 May 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European ETF market report - April 2020

Uh ...

For immediate release - !!!

Oh, I received this email on Monday, Christ, er ... 'Detlef don't mind, boss.' I suppose not, Voice. I mean, it's not an order, is it? 'It's just something they say. You're not going to get in trouble for doing it late.' I hope not!

Anyway ...

The promoters of ETFs in Europe experienced net inflows of €8.7 bn for April.
The assets under management in the European ETF industry (€777.9 bn) increased during April as markets bounced back from their lows.
Bond ETFs (+€8.1 bn) posted the highest net inflows in the European ETF industry for April.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for April was Bond EUR Corporates (+€3.3 bn), followed by Bond Global Corporates USD (+€2.3 bn) and Bond USD Corporates (+€1.3 bn).
Don't You Want Me.
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for April (+€6.7 bn), ahead of Xtrackers (+€2.1 bn) and Lyxor ETF (+€0.4 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €7.5 bn for April.
The best-selling ETF for April, iShares Core € Corp Bond UCITS ETF EUR (Dist), accounted for net inflows of €2.0 bn.

Well, you know the routine, kook(s). Detlef wants to speak now ...

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "After the markets bounced back from the trough caused by the global lockdown during The Thing, April was another positive month for the European ETF industry since ETF promoters enjoyed inflows.

"The combination of above average inflows and the positive performance of underlying markets led to an increase in assets under management from €719.1 bn as of March 31, 2020, to €777.9 bn at the end of April. The increase of €58.8 bn for April was driven by the performance of the underlying markets (+€50.1 bn), while the net inflows contributed €8.7 bn to the increase in assets."

Not bad, eh? If you like that sort of thing.

ENDS

...

Anything else?

Yeah. Listen! I'm going to try and cut out all the personal chat and music updates from next week. Maybe. If I can discipline myself, like. 'You won't be able to do it, boss.' I've got to try, Voice. Seriously. 'But what about me?' You've still got a job. 'Great! / What about wages?' Ha! Dream on, son!

Music? Well, on Twitter earlier I tweeted a great example of a really commercial bread-and-butter classic, first class. Detlef knows.

My songs? And Rain Came Down ... ? Oh, it's my favourite again. And I want two more like it, like I said.

Yes! I want ten great songs written ... before anyone knows who I am or what I'm doing.

[I'm a master tactician. I should have been one of the great generals from history.]

Okay, okay. Let's play some tunes!

If There Is Something. Roxy Music.

Up To My Neck In You. AC/DC.

Talk Tonight. Oasis.

Ah, that's enough. I've got to break the habit, man.

What else? Richmond? I'm not sure I'm allowed to go yet. It might be too far. 'You can spend more time in the park if you want.' Yeah, I know. I went this morning. I watched the swans on the lake. It was nice.

Well ...

Later(s), crocodile(s)!