Monday 11 May 2020

Yeah, yeah

I won't be writing about finance today, if you don't mind. Christ. I've got a headache, anyway.

I'm thinking about those thirteen Beatles songs again. You know, that list I made of what I consider their thirteen best songs? [Not my personal favourites, no. I was trying to be objective about it.] Well, there are four world-beaters on that list, and nine bread-and-butter classics, first class.

I nearly have eight songs now that are good enough to match those songs. I've still got to write the verse lyrics for my latest one. It's called We'll Show Them Heaven. It's a big ballad, roughly six minutes long. It will definitely be a world-beater. After that, I want to quickly write two more really commercial songs like And Rain Came Down. Yeah, bread-and-butter classics, first-class. That will give me a total of ten great songs, and I'll be pretty much untouchable then - as far as today's music scene goes. You dig?

Lately, I've been paying a lot more attention to the structure of other people's songs. On Thriller, Michael Jackson had two bread-and-butter classics, first class ... Beat It and Billie Jean. One right after the other. Very effective! Billie Jean has a pre-chorus, but Beat It doesn't. The former has a small gap at the end, between the repeating chorus. And Rain Came Down has a big gap, uh, instrumental section, yes, like Beat It. I'm going to try small gaps next. I mean, I haven't done any yet.

I'm listening to those two Jackson songs right now.

As I said the other week, a lot of world-beaters aren't that commercial. You need different classes of song, man.

Oh! This probably doesn't matter to you, dear reader(s). Music. However, I'm genuinely sick of writing a financial blog … ? I don't know. My moods change.

Motivation? No, no, no. I'm not particularly motivated at the moment because of The Thing. But we must all struggle on, I suppose.

Boris was ridiculous last night. He was like Ben in Outnumbered. Just absurd waffle. Ha! Which is fine if you're a deranged blogger, by the way. Yes. But Boris is the prime minister. Do you know what I mean?

I'm going to stop all the personal writing soon, and the music updates ... like I've always wanted to.

[Yeah, yeah. Dreary finance only. A sort of death. I'll still have the conceptuals though, where I can cut loose.]

I know you don't believe me.