Tuesday 26 May 2020

Reuters says I'm invited

Yeah, yeah. 'Great, boss!' Yeah, yeah. I'm going up in the world, Voice. I'm so happy. 'You don't sound it.' I just want The Thing to be over, you dig? 'Yeah.' I mean, Bournemouth beach was absolutely packed yesterday. 'Christ.' All those people will be taking The Thing back to their towns and cities now to spread it around even more. 'All thanks to the government!' Well, they're not helping, are they?

Listen! I know the Hong Kong flu killed about eighty thousand people in Britain in 1968/69, and we didn't shut anything down then, BUT(!) ...

Never mind. Let's do this PR email ...

Virtual Event
What will change
Dealmaking In The Post-Thing Era
Date and time
Wednesday, May 27th, 2020
11:00AM-12:00PM EDT
REGISTER NOW

Okay, okay. It's virtual, dear reader(s), as you would expect. 'Are you going to register, boss?' No. 'But, uh ... they've just ordered you to, with capital letters.' Ha! I don't take my orders from Reuters, Voice. 'Oh.' No. I take my orders from the cosmos.

Anyway ...

A conversation on how the need to create more resilient companies will shape mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and the conduct of shareholder activists after the Great Lockdown. Please join Reuters Breakingviews Global Editor Rob Cox and Deals Editor Lauren Silva Laughlin for a wide-ranging, virtual discussion with a panel of financial experts.

Listen! I hope everyone has a great time, but I'm washing my hair.

The one-hour debate will include Leon Kalvaria, chairman of the Institutional Clients Group at Citigroup; David A. Katz, a partner at leading Wall Street law firm Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz; and Kristin DeClark, co-head of U.S. equity capital markets and global head of technology ECM at Barclays in New York.

Okay, okay. Well, as I say ... I hope everyone has a great time.

Where do they get their enthusiasm from? Seriously!

...

Anything else? I might watch Fandango later, if I can stay awake. I mean, I don't get enough sleep at night, so I keep falling asleep at strange times. But no blackout tunes lately, which is a shame.

All the Fandango fans are meeting up again in September. 'Are you going?' I'd like to. Maybe one day. It bothers me though that they mention going for three chili dogs and a malt, or going to a steakhouse for dinner. I'm a vegetarian. 'You can have a veggie burger, Mikey.' Yeah, right. I don't want a bunch of Texans staring at me while I eat a veggie burger, man. I haven't got a death wish.

What ... else?

Music? My music?! In theory, I can record my demo anytime now. I'm as smooth a performer as anyone, really. I've got great songs. My shit is together. But I don't know, kook(s). I just don't know. You know?

Oh, there's an actor, Pepe Serna, who has appeared in Car Wash, Scarface, and ... [drum roll] ... Fandango - !!! Pretty cool, eh?

Laters!