Tuesday 16 February 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - January 2021

Well, okay. It should be obvious what this is. Even the thickest person should know. 'What is it, boss?' Ha!

What an idiot!

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €15.2 bn for January.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry hit a new all-time high (€1,008.9 bn) at the end of January 2021.
Equity ETFs (+€12.6 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for January.
Dancin' In The Moonlight.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for January was Equity Global (+€4.0 bn), followed by Equity Emerging Markets Global (+€2.4 bn) and Equity US (+€1.6 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for January (+€7.7 bn), ahead of Amundi ETF (+€2.4 bn) and Xtrackers (+€0.9 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €5.3 bn for January.
The best-selling ETF for January, Amundi Index MSCI USA SRI UCITS ETF DR C, accounted for net inflows of €0.9 bn.

'I know what it is!' What, Voice? 'It's a PR email from Detlef and the gang.' About what? 'About European ETFs.' Brilliant! 'Do I win a biscuit?' No. I haven't got any biscuits. 'Oh.'

Okay, okay. Let's see if our Detlef has got anything interesting to say ...

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "January 2021 was another positive month for the European ETF industry since promoters enjoyed inflows. These inflows occurred in a positive market environment in which investor sentiment was still impacted by the aftermath of the presidential election in the U.S. and the increasing dynamics of The Thing. The positive performance of the underlying markets led in combination with the estimated net inflows to increasing assets under management (from €992.6 bn as of December 31, 2021, to €1,008.9 bn at the end of January)."

Interesting! Thank you, Detlef.

Note that he used the word "positive" three times. 'Yeah, I saw that, boss. Do you think he's been doing the hypnosis?' Oh, maybe.

ENDS

...

Anything else?

I think I'm going to stop the hypnosis. I must have done it 150 times now, and I'm not going to feel any better. 'And how do you feel?' Pretty good, most of the time. 'Not all of the time?' No, not all of the time. I mean ... look at the way I'm living, man. 'Yeah.' Hypnosis can only do so much. I've got to get myself to ... 'Malibu?' Or Richmond. Or St Ives. I don't know.

I need to get my music started. That's what I need to do. Once The Thing has gone, obviously. Maybe I'll go back to the Vance/Musk audiobook. 'What about Elon's Twitter?' I'll ignore it. Vance has got him under control in the biography. That's what I like about it.

There was a good documentary on BBC2 last week about fishing in St Ives and Hayle, which I enjoyed - even though I'm a vegetarian. That big beach is near Hayle. 'What big beach?' Porth Kidney.

Miles and miles of sand!