Wednesday 17 February 2021

Yeah, yeah, what else is new?

I'm writing about music, fashion, and fitness. Deal with it!

So, I've worked out the BIG TENs for John Lennon and Paul McCartney as individual songwriters ...

[Although Lennon helped with Eleanor Rigby, and McCartney helped with A Day In The Life ...]


John Lennon

Imagine
A Day In The Life
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
Jealous Guy
Real Love
Woman
Watching The Wheels
All You Need Is Love
Love


Paul McCartney

Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
The Long And Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Maybe I'm Amazed
Penny Lane
Good Day Sunshine
Here, There And Everywhere
Michelle


Okay? Good.

[By the way, In My Life was a Lennon and McCartney song. Lennon the lyric, and McCartney the music ... probably. See Revolution In The Head.]

...

Fashion? I've discovered that the chinos and polo shirt combination is a bit of a cliche, so I might have to go for some other kind of trousers. Actually, I really like my chinos cords, Levi's, which I don't see many people wearing. I could get another pair, I suppose. / There are some "Paul Weller" Sunspel clothes now. I'll stick to the normal kind - if you don't mind. I don't want to promote another rock star's stuff. Do you know what I mean? He should be wearing my clothes!

Actually, I'm only going to buy my polo shirts from Sunspel. I don't think it's a good idea to get all your clothes from one place. I mean, I want to look reasonably unique. Just reasonably.

Timberland, Levi's, Sunspel, Persol ... what else? I don't know. Those four are probably enough. With the leather jacket. / A Ben Sherman Harrington jacket? I'll think about it. 'Get the Baracuta one, boss. Like James Dean.' That costs three times as much, idiot!

Christ. I'm not made of money.

Oh, fitness? The dumbbells are giving me more energy, man. But maybe I need more sleep. Maybe six hours a night.

But I'm a busy man, man.

My music? I woke up too early this morning, but before going back to sleep I wondered to myself ... about those three world-beaters I need ... What should they be like?

Well, I went back to sleep and woke up an hour later with some pretty good ideas in my head about structure and that.

The moral of the story? Work while you sleep!