Tuesday 23 February 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund flow report - January 2021

Okay, okay. What have we got here? 'It's obvious, boss.' Yes. It's Detlef and the gang.

The January European fund flow industry report from the Refinitiv Lipper team.

'Yippee!'

Are you excited, Voice?

'What do you think?'

Okay ...

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for January 2021.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds and ETFs in Europe in January amounted to estimated net inflows of €67.5 bn.
Equity funds (+€51.6 bn) were by far the best-selling asset type overall for January 2021.
Watching The Wheels.
Equity Global (+€20.9 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds.
Luxembourg (+€34.0 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by France (+€15.3 bn) and Switzerland (+€6.4 bn).
UBS (+€7.5 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for January, ahead of BlackRock (+€5.7 bn), and AXA (+€5.0 bn).

Oh, okay. Sounds good. 'Where the hell is Detlef, boss?! Where is he?!' What? Will you be patient, idiot!

Christ.

Detlef? Take your time, son. Don't worry about him.

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "Despite the deteriorating situation with regard to The Thing, January 2021 was another positive month for the European fund industry since the promoters of mutual funds (+€52.3 bn) and ETFs (+€15.2 bn) enjoyed inflows. Despite some economic uncertainties' investors bought into risky assets. As a result, long-term funds enjoyed estimated net inflows of €78.4 bn, while money market products had estimated net outflows of €11.0 bn."

Thanks.

ENDS

...

Anything else? My music?

I can record my demo anytime now. Maybe I'll do it in March. I reckon I will only need to do two takes of each song, and then choose the best one. Oh ... as long as there are no noises outside. But don't worry, kook(s) ... I've identified the quietest spot in the house with the best acoustics.

By April or May ... maybe we'll have a bit of normality in our lives. I'll get my hair cut. I'll buy more clothes. I'll be slimmer, and with bigger muscles. 'That'll be amazing!' Yeah.

I'll put my demo online ...

I AM THE MAN WITH THE PLAN.

Believe it!

The only question is ... will I finish my ten world-beaters in time? I don't know. It was a real pain in the arse getting the music for Life and Death. I mean, it's painful writing a tune that you think is "great" ... only to scrap it, and then resurrect it a couple of times until it's done. It takes something out of your soul, man.

I know that most - if not all - other songwriters would have stuck with the first version. Do you remember that? It was called I Love You. It was a slow crooner's ballad apparently. The things I think of!

Never mind.

Laters.