Wednesday 3 February 2021

This comment is gold

Or it's gold comment. I don't know, man. I don't know what's going on. I don't want to know - to be honest with you. But I guess I'll find out. I mean, that's the job, ain't it? 'What are you wittering on about, boss? Seriously!' Gold, Voice. Gold.

Look - !!!

[From Monday, PR email. Er ... things may have changed since then. 'They have!' What do I know? Check the latest news somewhere else.]

Gold Comment: Physical silver demand surges 900% as Reddit army mobilize.

Silver demand from first time investors at The Pure Gold Company surged 923% in the last week as a new retail investor army, galvanized by social media, pile into the precious metal, pushing the price up 16% in a week.

Okay, okay. But that's, uh ... silver comment, surely? Never mind. I just -

Oh, let's see if Josh can make some sense ...

Josh Saul, CEO of the gold and silver investment firm, says: "Over 20% of clients purchasing metal for the first time have confessed to being Reddit traders involved in propping up the share value of GameStop by almost 700%. As regulators have prohibited their efforts in purchasing equities, these traders have now turned to silver in an effort to increase its value."

Okay, okay. So, we have silver comment and GameStop comment, but no gold comment. 'It's all very strange, boss.' Yes.

Josh? Come on, son!

"We have been order taking since Thursday evening with some clients converting their equities into silver to capitalize on this rally. What has further motivated clients to purchase physical silver instead of paper silver like mining stocks or exchange traded funds, is that it is exempt from capital gains tax if they buy legal tender silver coins like the Britannia."

Oh dear. Dear oh dear oh dear. We're not going to get any sense out of him, are we?

'Look, boss - !'

"Gold tends to increase during times of uncertainty and often pulls silver up with it, although they are not always inextricably linked. During the last year, silver has risen alongside gold as The Thing fallout spurred investors to safe-haven precious metals."

Yeah, great. Josh had to mention gold at the end to save face. 

Oh, no endorsement, obviously, dear reader(s). You know what I think, anyway. 'They should buy Mikeycoin.' Baked beans. 'Oh, sorry. Yeah, baked beans.'

Christ. Mikeycoin!

ENDS

...

Anything else? Fitness?!

Well, as you know, kook(s), I don't approve of public displays of fitness, BUT(!) ... I have my dumbbells now, so I can get fit at home. Combined with the punchbag, they should work wonders.

Yes, it's all coming together ...

Hypnosis, diet, exercise, new clothes, maybe even a haircut if this lockdown ever ends.

My demo, new world-beater songs ... ?

Listen! By the summer, not only will I be the greatest songwriter in the world but I will also be THE KING OF COOL.

It's my vision.

Believe it! Because I do.

Laters!