Wednesday 7 April 2021

Carol Thompson? Who?!

Let's find out, kook(s)!

PR email ... 'Over a week old.' Yeah, yeah. Shut up!

London, 30 March 2021: Foresight Group ("Foresight"), a leading infrastructure and private equity investment manager is pleased to announce the appointment of Carol Thompson as Director on the Board of Foresight Solar & Technology VCT plc ("the Company").

Oh, she's got a job. Well done, Carol! 'Was she on the dole, boss?' I don't know, Voice.

In her new role, Carol will serve as a non-executive director, as well as chairing Foresight Solar & Technology VCT's audit committee.

Carol brings over 25 years' experience in governance and strategic financial management to her new role, and has spent large parts of her career as a board member in technology and regulated businesses. She has held senior positions at Hellman & Friedman, a leading private equity investment firm, and JP Morgan. She has also held non-executive and advisory roles at a number of firms including Livingbridge, DWF and JP Morgan.

Yeah, yeah. This is all great, but ... what does Andy say? 'Andy?' Andrew Bloxam. 'Oh, him.' Uh, Jesus.

Andy?

Andrew Bloxam, Director at Foresight, says: "I am looking forward to working with Carol, her track record speaks for itself and her industry experience, guidance and expertise will prove invaluable in helping us as we grow the new Foresight Williams Technology share class."

Oh, okay. He's looking forward to working with her. I thought he was going to be in one of his moods. 'Ha! He's all right, boss.' Of course he is!

And Carol? Come on!

Carol Thompson adds: "I am delighted to be joining the Board of Foresight Solar & Technology VCT plc at such an exciting time as they develop the new Foresight Williams Technology share class. The Company plays a vital role in supporting early-stage and innovative companies in the UK and I am very much looking forward to working with the team to support and further expand the existing portfolio of companies."

Okay. Fair enough. 'She's happy.' Yeah. I suppose.

ENDS

...

Anything else?

Music? My new tune? What, kook(s)?! You want a running commentary? Christ. Okay. I rewrote the pre-chorus last night. It builds up better now for ... a MASSIVE chorus - if I can get one. And if I can't get one? It's still going to be a great song like And Rain Came Down or Babe. 'You want world-beaters though.' I know I do! Thank you, Voice.

Exercise? I'm improving the way I do the dumbbells. Apparently, you're supposed to rest for a few seconds between sets, and then rest for a minute or so between different exercises.

Hypnosis? I haven't done it for weeks. I'm not sure I need it now. It doesn't work, man, if you can't do without it ... eventually. Do you know what I mean? / Having said that, I miss it a bit. It's enjoyable, and I've even had visions while doing it. 'It's like pathworking on the astral plane, boss.' Yes, Voice. Definitely. It's basically magic. Let's be honest.

Laters!