Tuesday 13 April 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - March 2021

Okay, okay. Detlef and the gang again. 'ETFs again, boss!' Yes, Voice. ETFs again. There's no harm in it, I suppose.

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €16.6 bn for March.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry hit a new all-time high (€1,095.8 bn) at the end of March 2021.
Equity ETFs (+€18.7 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for March.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for March was Equity US (+€4.7 bn), followed by Equity Global (+€3.8 bn) and Equity Sector Financials (+€1.9 bn).
Xtrackers was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for March (+€4.8 bn), ahead of iShares (+€4.2 bn) and Vanguard Group (+€2.0 bn).
Tomorrow.
The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €9.3 bn for March.
The best-selling ETF for March, iShares Edge MSCI USA Val Factor UCITS ETF USD Acc, accounted for net inflows of €1.4 bn.

Everything seems to be all right then. 'Was does our Detlef say?' He says this -

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "March 2021 marked the twelfth consecutive month with inflows into ETFs after the outflows caused by the outbreak of The Thing in March 2020. These inflows occurred in a positive market environment in which investor sentiment was still impacted by the increasing dynamics of The Thing in Europe and other parts of the world. The positive performance of the underlying markets led in combination with the estimated net inflows to increasing assets under management (from €1,034.4 bn as of February 28, 2021, to €1,095.8 bn at the end of March). The increase of €61.5 bn for March was driven by the estimated net sales (+€16.6 bn), while the performance of the underlying markets contributed €44.8 bn to the increase of the assets under management. It was not surprising equity funds (€775.2 bn) held the majority of assets, followed by bond funds (€273.4 bn), commodities products (€37.1 bn), alternative UCITS products (€5.6 bn), money market funds (€2.2 bn), mixed-assets funds (€2.2 bn), and 'other' funds (€0.1 bn)."

You see? 'Yeah.'

But is this the ends?

ENDS

Yes, it is. 'Until next time.' Ha! There's always a next time, Voice. We can rely on Detlef. He won't let us down.

So many of these PR emails come from people who are here today and gone tomorrow.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.

Oh, all things must pass ...

'Don't get depressed.'

I'm not getting depressed, silly!

Christ! The sun is shining, and I'm going out later. Today! Shopping! 'Yippee!'

...

Anything else? Music? I keep playing my rough recording of my new tune with gibberish lyrics. I really love it, man. I was trying to write something as great and commercial as Stella, BUT(!) ... I went beyond it! / I need a lyric now. 'You need a lyric for Life and Death, too.' I know, I know.

I'm getting anxiety again. Anxiety! I want people to hear my songs.

This will still be the demo though ...

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
Malibu
Stella

And if - for some strange reason - those songs don't have the impact I want ... I could always add the new song at a later date. But I'm hoping to avoid that. It's a good idea to hold stuff back, you dig?

Okay, okay ...

'Bye!'

Yeah. Bye, alligator(s)!