Tuesday 27 April 2021

If you lose a bit of your discipline ... you lose all of your discipline

That's what I've discovered with my countless, with my endless ... fresh starts. But where is the fresh start to end all fresh starts, or, uh ... start them? No, no. End them! What am I talking about? Never mind.

You see, I start off well on a Monday morning. Then at lunch ... oh, let me just go on to YouTube for five minutes to see what my favourite channels are saying. Big mistake! More like an hour. And, uh ... let me have some Pringles with my sandwich. The next thing ... I'm buying biscuits, man! Do you know what I mean?

[Cookie Monster. It's important ... ?]

Anyway, I'm still making progress with my music. I only played my guitar for five hours last week, and I could feel my performance slipping. However, I played for two hours yesterday and quickly got back to "professional" level. That's a good sign. I mean, that's what most professionals do. Prince would play all the time, but that's rare. Er, I want to play all the time though, too ... ? I don't know.

Christ! What I need to do is ... cut myself off from EVERYTHING. You can't watch YouTube for five minutes. You can't listen to music for five minutes. You can't eat a few Pringles. You can't eat one biscuit.

Complete discipline or none. / Yeah, yeah. I'm making progress. Isn't that the main thing?

I got up at half five on Sunday morning. That sort of shit is routine for me now. I'm not living like The Dude.

Dear kook(s), how will you know when I've started the ultimate fresh start? I will stop writing about music and personal stuff. Then you will know that I'm also sticking to my diet, and not watching YouTube. I'll be playing my guitar all the time ... when I'm not blogging. Or I'll be writing lyrics.

I'll be constantly active, anyway.

Samurai Krishna monk Zarathustra mountain man is the way to go! Do you know what I mean? My guitar will be my sword.

Uh.

Can Mighty Soul be my best song? All depends on the lyric. [Or maybe the music is enough by itself.] Nothing is poetic. Life and Death will be poetic.

Listen! I've walked about sixty miles in the last two weeks. Three times to Richmond!

And I haven't stopped the dumbbell stuff.

That's why I haven't put on any weight - despite all the Pringles.

Cookies! Peanut ones, yes.

By the way, I used to wear Pringle jumpers when I was a Casual. Ha! Different company.

Okay, okay. I'm going for a walk after lunch. In the glorious sunshine.

Laters!