Thursday 15 April 2021

Thursday night stuff

Just Thursday night stuff. That's all. There's no harm in it. I'm tired, anyway. I'm listening to The Strokes. Their first album. I think they signed to Rough Trade. I'm not sure there's much point in signing to small labels these days. The way the music business is. You're not going to be noticed. And there are only three major labels. I'm not bothered about it. If I can't be a big star, there's no way I'm getting in massive debt as a small star. Not at my age. I would rather be a songwriter for others. But I don't think it will come to that. My songs are too big, and too good. I had chips for dinner. No surprise, obviously. I had quiche as well. And water. Yes, I'm tired. I walked to Hammersmith and back earlier. I have no idea why. Everything looked grim. Reminded me a lot of the early Eighties with the riots. We haven't had the riots yet. Give it time. Sooner or later, people - the kids, I suppose - will stop being scared of the virus and then wonder why they haven't got any fucking jobs, money or ... any future, any future at all. Where will I be then? Malibu? I don't know. I'm just thinking about my music at the moment, all the time. I need those lyrics. Yes, I'll write them soon. Listen. It's no problem having seven "world-beaters" on one album. Different structures, styles, moods. It's gonna be okay. The most on one album so far? Two. Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger on (What's The Story) Morning Glory? That album sold over twenty million copies. It's a shame it's not the Nineties, eh? I'd sell forty million. Never mind. I'm looking forward to the Roaring Twenties. [Are they here yet?] With stadiums. Bring it on, all of it.

I'm not worried about anything any more. Bad stuff. Good stuff. Any stuff. It's all the same to me. Just let me live in my own reality, my own world. That's all I ask. I'll take the rough with the smooth.

There's a book I used to get out of the library a lot, oh years ago. Viva Picasso by David Douglas Duncan. It's out of print now, but you can still buy the book on Amazon. I might order it soon.

It's just pictures. It's pictures of Picasso in his own world. No one else can get a look in. That's great, I think.

Don't you think?