Thursday 23 September 2021

I've got plenty of PR emails!

That's not the problem.

The problem is ... I'm just not in the mood, you dig? 'Leave them till Monday, boss.' Yes, thank you, Voice, I was just going to say that.

I'll leave them till Monday.

Anyway ...

I'm planning my weekend now. 'Tell us!' Okay.

Tomorrow, I'm going to go out for a long walk to Richmond, OR ... maybe I'll go around the shops in central London. I haven't decided yet. I like walking through Hyde Park on the way back. / I'll rehearse my songs for about an hour, too, just to keep things ticking over, like.

On Saturday ... I'm going to rehearse for five hours. 'Five hours?!' Yeah. That will set me up nicely for recording on Sunday night - as long as the neighbours don't ruin everything by having a party. They had a party last Saturday night. / I'll rehearse for an hour and a half on Sunday morning.

A good result will be ... getting usable recordings of Mighty Soul and Stella. 'What about Malibu and Nothing ... ?' I don't want to push my luck, Voice, but ... maybe. If I get time. If there are no mad people screaming in the street. 'Oh.' What are the chances of that?

Is it a good idea to plan though? I quite often get nervous when I plan things out, like I'm going to the dentist or something.

That "rough" recording I have of Mighty Soul is almost usable, and I just did it on the spur of the moment. I didn't even care what position the Zoom Handy was in. Or if my fingernails were cut short. Or what plectrum I was using. Or anything. 'You can be really wild sometimes, boss.' Yeah, I know.

Of course, Steely Dan would put on their white laboratory coats and sterilize the recording studio first. 'Ha! Those guys!'

Laters.


Update

I've changed the order of the songs on my "album" to this -

Mighty Soul
Lucky You
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Round The Bend
Good Times
Stella
What's This Life We Live?
Malibu
I'm Right Inside
Nothing
Life and Death

That's really improved it! / I tell you, flower, there has never been an album like that, so let's hope there is one day.