Thursday 16 September 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - August 2021

Yeah, yeah.

Come on then!

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €9.8 bn for August.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry hit a new all-time high (€1,231.2 bn) at the end of August 2021.
Equity ETFs (+€6.2 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for August.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for August was Equity Global (+€3.2 bn), followed by Equity US (+€2.4 bn) and Bond USD High Yield (+€0.7 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for August (+€4.0 bn), ahead of Xtrackers (+€1.2 bn) and Vanguard Group (+€0.8 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €3.8 bn for August.
The best-selling ETF for August, iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc), accounted for net inflows of €0.7 bn.

'And what does Detlef make of it?'

Uh.

I guess we'll just have to ask him ...

Detlef?

Detlef?

'Where is he, boss?'

DETLEF - ?!?!?!

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "August 2021 marked the seventeenth consecutive month with inflows into ETFs after the outflows caused by the outbreak of The Thing in March 2020. These inflows occurred in a positive but somewhat volatile market environment in which investor sentiment was still impacted by the dynamics of The Thing on the economies around the globe and the resulting actions taken by central banks and governments in Europe and other parts of the world."

Okay. Thanks, Detlef.

'Has he been on holiday?'

I don't know. He probably has.

ENDS

...

Anything else?

"Operation Steve McQueen" is going really well. It's been far less painful than I feared. I reckon - 'What's this operation thing then, boss?!' Ha! I'm talking about my fitness, Voice. 'Oh.' Yeah. Image, too, obviously.

I'm still eating "nice" lunches and dinners. I was eating snacks, but I've cut them out again. I do 250 push-ups a week, and 150 reps of dumbbell curls, and maybe a ten-mile walk ... that's all it takes, man! I even had pizza last night.

You don't need a gym. You certainly don't need a trainer.

I'm losing a pound a week, roughly. I could speed things up by replacing sandwiches with Cup a Soups, BUT(!) ... no, I don't think so. Do you know what I mean?

If you're a man, man, muscles are the most important thing for weight loss. Might not be appropriate if you're a lady, of course.

Anyway, I don't need to speed things up. I'm doing just fine. Looking good, and feeling good.

'Let the good times roll!'

We've still got The Thing, Voice.

Never mind.

...

Anything ... more? Music?

My singing voice has improved again by adding an extra two or three minutes to my Go! Go! Go! exercises. I was doing five minutes, twice a day, but I wasn't consistent. Now I'm doing seven or eight minutes, twice a day, Monday to Friday, and ... those extra minutes have really pushed my voice into becoming something else. Something better, you dig? Even my talking voice is different. 'Me?!' No, not you, idiot.

My demo? Yeah, yeah. I'm still rehearsing. I need to increase the hours.

Mighty Soul ... ? I'm wondering why I can't write one song like that every month. What stops any songwriter matching their best work, month after month, year after year?

NOTHING - !!!

Well ... it's got to be mindset. Look at all the great songwriters who had a lovely five-year run ... and then all the songs dried up.

Mindset, kooks. That's all it is. [And hard work.]

Laters!