Wednesday 22 September 2021

STAR - !!!

'Tony went to fight in Belfast, Rudi stayed at home to starve, I could make it all worthwhile as a rock -'

No, Voice, no. It's nothing like that, I'm afraid. 'Oh.'

STAR initiative poised for industry transfers accreditation and invites further industry participation.

It's a PR email. 'Yeah. I should have known.'

The STAR initiative, backed by the regulators and the government, is the only cross industry solution bringing together platforms, providers, life companies, service providers and transfer agents/asset managers.

Backed by the regulators and the government. I don't know about the regulators. It just fills me with so much confidence that it's backed by the government, you know? Those geniuses. 'Ha!'

STAR is now poised for industry transfers accreditation and invites further industry participation. The initiative has galvanized the industry to create long-term solutions to improve the customer experience of transferring pensions, savings and investments between companies, by setting and measuring against a good practice framework.

Right.

STAR accreditation is designed to measure, recognize and accredit transfer performance across the industry. There are three STAR accreditation levels, which are based on performance. Bronze, silver and gold are designed to both reward good performance and encourage improved performance. The accreditation thresholds will be set through industry collaboration by the STAR Accreditation Steering Group and monitored by the STAR Steering Group.

Fine.

I'm not doing all of this email. Let's go to the voice. 'Me?' No. 'Oh.' Andy.

Andrew Marker, STAR Steering Group Chair, commenting, says: "I am delighted that after an intense period of work with the industry galvanized to drive forward this solution, we have reached the significant milestone where organizations can submit their management Information (MI) and seek accreditation. Participating organizations can submit their data from early September. It is not too late for organizations to become involved and they should contact us in the first instance if they want to be part of this first wave of accreditation. In a nutshell, the train is leaving the station, but it's not too late to get on board. The STAR initiative is set to become the single, authoritative source of transfer data on how firms are performing - the output of which will be a quarterly industry index and an annual accreditation scheme for participants."

Well, as long as Andy is happy. That's the main thing. 'He's delighted, boss.' Yeah, whatever.

I think we should let Prince have the last word on the matter ...

"Hey, look me over. Tell me, do you like what you see? Hey, I ain't got no money, but, honey, I'm rich on personality. Hey, check it all out. Baby, I know what it's all about. Before the night is through, you will see my point of view - even if I have to scream and shout."

Okay. Thanks for that, Prince.

He actually makes a lot of sense, doesn't he?

ENDS

...

Anything else?

Music? Okay. I reckon when I record my demo, I will only need to do two takes of each song - as long as there are no annoying background noises.

I was recording one song a few weeks ago, and there was a plane taking off in the sky somewhere, ha! ... and it was like that U2 video for Beautiful Day. I can't have that!

David Gray reckons you can hear a car driving by in his Babylon song.

'And The Beatles, Mikey?'

Oh, loads of different sounds.

'What about Steely Dan?'

Cold, clinical perfection, Voice. 'Oh dear.' It's all right.

Laters.