Wednesday 4 January 2023

Anything else?

My demo?

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

Anyway ...

There's a problem with acoustic demos ... people have to use their imaginations. I recorded a very good version of The Future this morning, but ... I was imagining electric guitars, drums, backing singers and all kinds of shit in my head. It's just me though, ain't it? With an acoustic guitar.

Never mind. I've got no choice.

Anyway, this recording. I put the H5 microphones pointing straight up. Most people I've seen on videos lay the H5 flat. The guitar sounds a bit weak, but on the plus side ... the vocals are dominant. I don't know what it sounds like yet on phones and laptops.

The performance is pretty great. I might have to settle for great performances and dodgy sound in this demo.

I've got no choice, man.

Unless I go to a recording studio ...

I don't know.

Oh, at the end of the song ... you can hear the birds waking up outside. I'll keep those in. It's a nice touch.

Maybe people will like my low-tech recordings. They might see it as being edgy and real ... rather than the work of some soulless popstar ... ???

Who knows?!

Laters!

Stella
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

'What the hell is that, boss?!'

Oh, hello, Voice.

'What the hell is that?!'

That - my little disembodied friend - could be the demo. If my nerves can take it, the extra recording.

'Why?!'

Because Stella has got a quality I really like. It sounds like it was written by Bacharach and David, or Lennon and McCartney (working together) ... you dig?

'Yeah. But I wish you'd make your mind up, man.'

Ha! I've got too many options, son.

Too many options!

Laters.

'Bye!'

Anyway ...

I don't want to go yet.

Voice.

'What?'

Will you be with me till the end?

'You bet your ass I will!'

Nice one!