Monday 30 January 2023

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - December 2022

Yeah, it's Detlef and the gang again, but we don't mind, do we, Voice?

'Of course not, boss!'

Of course not. I mean, sometimes they go missing for a while, don't they? 'Yeah.' Then we get two PR emails just days apart. 'Yippee!' Ha!

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe enjoyed estimated net inflows (+€5.5 bn) for December 2022.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry decreased over the course of December to €1,242.5 bn.
Equity ETFs (+€4.0 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for December.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for December was Equity Global (+€2.7 bn), followed by Equity Emerging Markets Global (+€1.3 bn) and BondUSD Government Short Term (+€0.7 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for December (+€3.2bn), ahead of Vanguard (+€1.1 bn) and JPMorgan (+€0.4 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered estimated net inflows of €4.8 bn for December.
The best-selling ETF for December, iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc), enjoyed estimated net inflows of €1.0 bn.

Okay.

Did that make any sense, Voice?

'You're asking me???'

I've got a bad headache this morning, kooks, and I'm trying not to look at the laptop screen too much. I hope that all made sense to you. [Like it matters.] I hope you understand what's going on with ETFs. [Like you care.] I mean, it would be a terrible shame if you didn't understand. 'It would be a tragedy, boss.' Ha! Well, I wouldn't go that far, Voice.

Tragedy? Christ.

Anyway ...

Detlef? Come on, son! Let's hear what you've got to say.

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "The European ETF industry enjoyed inflows over the course of December 2022. These inflows occurred in a volatile market environment. The market sentiment is driven by concerns about high inflation rates, increasing interest rates, the late effects from the market turmoil in UK government bonds, geopolitical tensions, and disrupted delivery chains caused by the still ongoing The Thing."

Still ongoing The Thing, eh? Well, well, well.

Thank you, Detlef.

'Nice one, son!'

Yeah, yeah.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

I've scrapped those recordings I made last week of Shady, Dodgy, Shifty. They weren't good enough. There's no point in engaging in wishful thinking.

I was rehearsing This Love yesterday. Just for fun, like. / It's my third best song. But I didn't ask for it. I didn't want it. I was happy with seventeen songs, but now I have eighteen.

Music is strange, man.

I'm a bit frustrated that it's 2023 already and I haven't even got my new demo online. The only good news is ... my BIG DOZEN - which is a match for The Beatles' BIG DOZEN - is completed now. The Beatles didn't get theirs until 1969.

That's maybe the only thing that stops me jumping into the sea at the moment.

That and the fact that I'm only one great recording away from fixing my life. Ah, maybe, kooks. 'Definitely, Mikey!' Yes, maybe, Voice.

I don't know.

I need warmer weather for my fingers. And I need the neighbours to develop some respect for genius, you dig? I'M WORKING HERE - !!!

Keep the noise down. Please.

Anyway ...

Laters.

'Bye!'