Monday 2 January 2023

It's another day, it's another year

Never mind, eh?

'Yippie!'

Shut up, idiot.

Anyway ...

I rewrote the lyric for This Love yesterday. So, it's the first song of the year. It's more commercial now, and easier to sing, and it sounds like a total classic. 'Yippee!' Yeah. Definitely yippee.

So ...

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
This Love

There's absolutely no weakness in this demo ... except possibly my possible or impossible recording of it. / I can't put the Zoom Handy Recorder in a position that will make the vocals prominent. It's just going to be my voice and guitar as equals, I suppose.

I really don't have all the time in the world. I'm not going into why. It's just crazy life, you know?

My fingers are hurting. It's cold. My voice - not you! - is coming and going. I've got nerves. The stress of it all. The noise in the street.

'One day, we'll laugh about this, Mikey.'

Will we, Voice?

'When we're living it up in Malibu, sure.'

Yeah, yeah.

And I don't want you sucking around, Voice, bothering any citizens in that nice, quiet beach community.

'I'll be with you, won't I? As your manager.'

Yeah, yeah.

Knowing my luck, I'll probably end up in Newquay.

'Newquay is nice.'

I know it is. But not actually living on the beach, you dig?

Anyway ...

I could always go to where Local Hero was filmed. I love that film. I've got it on my phone, but I watched it on TV the other day.

'Good luck recording your songs there with that guy on the motorbike.'

Ha! He can't still be there, surely?

Anyway ...

I had bad vibes about that other lyric for This Love, you know? Something was telling me it wasn't right, but I put it out of my mind. I told myself that I didn't have time to change it. Then I wrote the two new verses last night in about twenty minutes. It was easy, man.

I've got some sort of muscle pain neck and back nonsense going on. I can't do my dumbbells.

Thank God for those three songs ... from the last two years. I mean, they didn't exist before when I was thinking of recording my demo.

But they exist now.

That's the good news.

Anyway ...

Bye.

'Laters, koo ooo ks!!!'

There's no need for that, Voice. Just say bye.

'Bye!'

Laters.