Tuesday 3 January 2023

Eggs

'What?!'

Eggs.

Hi Michael,

Eggs.

'Eggs?!'

Yes, eggs!

With some supermarkets rationing eggs and reports of prices of certain brands rising by up to 50% due to avian flu, energy costs and supply chain issues, brand new data reveals the true rise in egg prices for all sizes of egg and packaging.

Wow!

'This is exciting, boss!'

Tell me about it!

'I just did. / Now you tell me ... all about eggs.'

Ha! I'll leave that to the expert, Voice.

'Who?'

A Skuuudle spokesman.

'What?!'

Exactly!

Skuuudle generates market-leading data analytics to help retailers understand the markets they are operating in to continue to provide optimum prices for consumers - in the face of rising inflation.

'Oh, right.'

This allows retailers to compare like for like products and accurately track changes in price of the same product across different retailers.

This level of insight is critical when accurately tracking the price of a product such as eggs that are in high demand but subject to supply shortages currently.

Yeah, yeah. Let's hear from this spokesman then. All about eggs.

A Skuuudle spokesman said that retailers have an unenviable "balancing act" to perform when it comes to pricing, having to consider the needs of the customer, their suppliers and the supply chain.

Christ!

'We want his words!'

Oh, here he is - !!!

He says: "Egg shortages have been in the news recently with some supermarkets going as far as rationing the number individual customers can take home.

"These have largely been driven by supply chain issues which have also had an impact on the prices supermarkets are paying to their suppliers.

"What is interesting is how supermarkets are choosing to pass these increased costs onto ordinary consumers.

"Our data reveals that it's the prices of the high volume products which are rising at the highest rate while variants such as very large eggs, are in effect becoming cheaper compared to medium-sized ones.

"By choosing very large eggs shoppers can avoid some of the price hike although as the cost of very large eggs is higher than medium anyway it may not feel like they are getting a bargain."

Thanks, spokesman!

And ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

Well, that was absolutely fascinating, wasn't it?

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

'More!'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

My demo? Man, I hope I can record it this week. I think I've chosen the best possible demo out of the eighteen songs.

Mighty Soul is my best song.
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty ... will be my most popular and "iconic", I reckon.
This Love is my most commercial song.

I could always add my most "serious" songs later on, Life and Death and Nothing.

Anyway ...

Oh! I'm only watching one TV programme today ... because I've got to concentrate.

'What you watching?'

Minder ... Back In Good Old England ... because Pete Postlethwaite makes a guest appearance in it, and he's always quality.

I also watch out for repeats of that Lovejoy episode he was in.

Yesterday, I watched the first episode of The Sweeney, Ringer ... and that had great guest actors, too - Brian Blessed, Ian Hendry, and Alan Lake playing the villains.

Anyway ...

Bye.