Tuesday 10 January 2023

Letting go is the only freedom

Just let go of everything

We don't need PR emails
We don't need news
We don't need a guitar
We don't need fingers

We don't need people, those dead, those alive

We are alone, suffering

We must let go of suffering, too

We don't need a home
Or clothes
Or food
Or any sort of I.D. ... Ha, ha, ha!

Who am I?
Who are you?
The beautiful thing is ...
Nobody knows

I am a face
You are a face

And we have to let go of faces, too
We have to let go of bodies

And don't cry because
We have, we will ... let go of tears

We let go of smiles a long time ago, didn't we?

Here we are, so free!

And words will be the last thing to go, I suppose
Oh, take our thoughts with you!
Bye!

Maybe - at the end - we'll be sitting on a beach
Waiting for the sea
Hungry, but not caring
Cold
Or hot
Depending on the weather ... which we don't care about ... ah, don't even notice it

If we had a tent, it's been swept away
We will be swept away, obviously
Only a matter of time, obviously

And if I'm making sense to you, you, YOU(!) ... now, in this moment ... the only thing I can do is ...

Take my hat off to you
Which I don't have
I don't have a hat

I'm just here, basically gone
I hope you're the same
I mean, why are you reading ... if you're not the same?

I like to imagine someone understands
Seriously
I like to imagine that

I had a dream last night

Never mind, eh?

Actually, will dreams be the last thing to go?
I'm not sure we'll ever be able to get rid of dreams
Is that a good thing?
Depends on the dreams, I suppose
A lot of them come from the other world
And I fear there's no getting away from the other world

Do you know what I mean?