Wednesday 25 January 2023

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Anything else? Mus -

'What do you mean, anything else?! You haven't done the PR email yet, boss.' I'll do it tomorrow, Voice. I'm not in the mood today. 'Tomorrow never comes!' Yes it does. It did yesterday. (Copyright, Paul Calf.)

Anyway, music?

I recorded another version of Shady, Dodgy, Shifty this morning, but I don't know, man. I'm just going to keep, uh, going ... until I get a version I really like. There's always something that doesn't sound right.

Today's version had a better vocal than yesterday's one, but a worse guitar sound.

It's my fingers.

Never mind.

When's the summer coming???

Anyway ...

I was looking at all the actors online that have appeared in episodes of The Sweeney and Minder. So many familiar faces from when I was a kid! But most of them have passed away now. A few of the actors are in their eighties and nineties.

The best episode of Minder was on yesterday (should be repeated this morning.) That's the one where they're smuggling tobacco, Goodbye Sailor. With Ray Winstone!

I've got a baton roll thing for lunch today, and I'm going to put cheese and some piccalilli in it. I just thought you should know.

Maybe I'll try recording late at night. Midnight maybe. I'm not warmed up in the mornings.

I haven't done the dumbbells for a month. My arm has recovered. I'll start again soon.

Sunspel are still sending me emails. No one's got money for that stuff, son. Well, I haven't.

'You don't know me, son!'

Shut up, Voice.

Idiot.

'Ha!'

Yeah, yeah.

This will be the demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Round the Bend

That should be enough.

I only need one recording!

'You've got it, Mikey!'

I want a better one, Voice. / It will be warmer at the weekend. My fingers will be warmer. I'll have more spare time.

I'm hungry.

I want that baton.

But I will have to wait.

I want that recording. A recording I can love. And I can't wait too long. This is an emergency.

Anyway ...

'Bye!'