Monday 16 January 2023

My demo???

I'm never going to get the "lovely" demo I want. It's going to be a Robert Johnson situation with hisses, crackles, bangs and Christ knows what else. Bad sound. Do you know what I mean?

The H5 won't do it. My room won't do it. The street won't do it.

Even my fingers and my nerves won't do it. But I can't wait forever.

I might use a version of Mighty Soul that I recorded a year and a half ago. It was supposed to be a "rough" recording. However, it sounds better than any of my recent attempts.

It sounds good with earphones.

This might be the demo then -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

Or ...

Nothing
Stella
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

Or ...

Nothing
Life and Death
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

I just don't know, man.

I suppose rough recordings are better than no recordings. Some sort of legacy, even if it's a f**ked up one.

None of this will matter to my blog, by the way. It won't harm my blog as a work of literature. I mean, John Self in Money by Martin Amis didn't get to make that film, did he? Think about it.

Oh! If I do stop writing this blog one day soon, I hope any loyal readers a-ROUND will save various posts or ... all of them!

Or just the best conceptuals???

You never know what might happen. You know?

I don't know. Maybe it's not important ... when you think of the cosmos.

Just saying, kooks.

Anyway ...

Maybe this could be the demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Round The Bend

Round The Bend is a great little rock song with a cool lyric, and my recording of it from November 2016 is actually my best ever recording!!!

'Yippee!'

That would free me up to concentrate on Shady, Dodgy, Shifty, and I could maybe add a couple of other songs at a later date. (???)

'Yippee!'

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

I just don't know.

Voice.

'What, boss?'

Cut it out with the yippees. I'm not in the mood.

'All right.'

Thank you.

Anyway ...

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Round The Bend

... will be nice, I suppose, but it won't give people much idea of my BIG DOZEN. / At least my two best songs will be on the demo.

I don't know
I just don't know
I don't know

Do you know???

Or are you numb and dumb like the best of them???

Never mind.

'Never soul, Mikey!'

Exactly.

Laters.

'Bye!'